National Football League (NFL) 2015-2016 thread

And re: Philly fans, I don't really know anything about them. My only experience with Philly was changing planes on a trip back from South Carolina to Washington State. All I can say is that while changing planes, it was obvious we were no longer in the land of southern hospitality. :wink:

Philly fans are the worst when they play at home. They threw snow balls at santa claus one year and they have a jail in the satdium.

http://www.sportspickle.com/2010/05/9-terrible-philly-fan-incidents-and-their-harmless-explanations

Philly fans are the worst when they play at home. They threw snow balls at santa claus one year and they have a jail in the satdium.

http://www.sportspickle.com/2010/05/9-terrible-philly-fan-incidents-and-their-harmless-explanations
That was the old stadium, but still hilarious.

My wife got a new job with a company that's HQ'd in Philly, so I went there for the first time a few months ago. To my surprise, all of the people were great and I loved the city, even the grotty bits. I know that their fans are the absolute worst, but until they get to the stadium they seem like totally normal people.

That was the old stadium, but still hilarious.

My wife got a new job with a company that's HQ'd in Philly, so I went there for the first time a few months ago. To my surprise, all of the people were great and I loved the city, even the grotty bits. I know that their fans are the absolute worst, but until they get to the stadium they seem like totally normal people.

I should have qualified my post with in general Philly fans aren't bad, but it seems some kind of mob mentality takes over at the stadium. I have a few friends that are philly fans and they are all nice normal people.

LOL...yeah lets trot those tired old stories out. Truth is that there are shitty people everywhere and you can dig up stories of horribly nasty behavior at just about every stadium in the USA.

Well based on the airport behavior in Philly, I don't find that too surprising.

You're seriously making a blanket indictment of an entire city based on passing through an airport?

I should have qualified my post with in general Philly fans aren't bad, but it seems some kind of mob mentality takes over at the stadium. I have a few friends that are philly fans and they are all nice normal people.

What about Flyers fans? :embarrassed:

:wink:

What about Flyers fans? :embarrassed:

:wink:

I've gone to plenty of Flyers games and I've seen nothing I wouldn't expect to see at any other stadium. My wife has worn her Canadians jersey with out any incident.

The only altercation I've ever been in was @ a Devils game where an old woman threw a soda at my girlfriend at the time because she was wearing a Jager Pens jersey.

I've gone to plenty of Flyers games and I've seen nothing I wouldn't expect to see at any other stadium. My wife has worn her Canadians jersey with out any incident.

The only altercation I've ever been in was @ a Devils game where an old woman threw a soda at my girlfriend at the time because she was wearing a Jager Pens jersey.
I was challenged to a fight at a Pats game because I was wearing a Browns jersey (the Browns for Christ sakes), and I was almost attacked outside the stadium in St. Pete after a Lightning game by a group of several individuals because I was wearing a Carolina Hurricanes jersey. Carolina Hurricanes. Nobody hates the Canes. And we even fucking lost.

I said nothing in either case to bring it on, and I'm a very respectful fan at visiting stadiums. Assholery abounds.

LOL...yeah lets trot those tired old stories out. Truth is that there are shitty people everywhere and you can dig up stories of horribly nasty behavior at just about every stadium in the USA.

You're seriously making a blanket indictment of an entire city based on passing through an airport?

Did you see my other post?

Did you see my other post?

Yes. However the most annoying thing is that every time the story about snowballs and Santa...which happened in what, 1968?...and the Vet stadium jail, which existed for like 2 years over 15 years ago in the late 90s....gets brought out as examples of how horrible the fans are, it just perpetuates the whole misconception that some how Philadelphia is so much worse than every other fan base in world.

People keep hearing about these old events so it must still be true.

Yes. However the most annoying thing is that every time the story about snowballs and Santa...which happened in what, 1968?...and the Vet stadium jail, which existed for like 2 years over 15 years ago in the late 90s....gets brought out as examples of how horrible the fans are, it just perpetuates the whole misconception that some how Philadelphia is so much worse than every other fan base in world.

I think my favorite thing Eagles fans ever did was go freaking nuts booing McNabb at the draft when he was selected. There was a clip the local radio guys here always played of some Eagles fan going on a rant about how that was the dumbest move in draft history and they should have taken Ricky Williams.

I think my favorite thing Eagles fans ever did was go freaking nuts booing McNabb at the draft when he was selected. There was a clip the local radio guys here always played of some Eagles fan going on a rant about how that was the dumbest move in draft history and they should have taken Ricky Williams.

Ricky Williams was all anyone was talking about in the city the entire time leading up to the draft. The hype was so great and people convinced themselves it was a done deal stone cold lock (funny thing, they weren't every going to draft Williams anyway if they didn't take DMac). I remember guys being completely stunned at McNabb's selection.

The people who boo'd him at the draft were complete idiots.

Ricky Williams was all anyone was talking about in the city the entire time leading up to the draft. The hype was so great and people convinced themselves it was a done deal stone cold lock (funny thing, they weren't every going to draft Williams anyway if they didn't take DMac). I remember guys being completely stunned at McNabb's selection.

The people who boo'd him at the draft were complete idiots.
I wish I could find the clip about the guy going off about how Ricky Williams was going to be the greatest and the Eagles were stupid. But I did find this. I would have given up the naming rights of my first kid to have had McNabb drafted by the Skins instead of the Eagles.

The best is when we (yes, sadly I'm a Eagles fan) pelted Jimmy Johnson with snowballs after a game. You don't hear about that one.

Back