Recordingfest 2015

I just finished writing songs for a new CD that I hope to start recording soon, so I should have plenty of material. There is one song I wrote a while back and have recorded in the past, but there are eleven new ones as well. Might even be more before the recording is done. Actually, one "new" song is one I wrote in about 1967 or 68; the lyrics were too Biblical and I haven't performed it since about 1968-69. I rewrote the lyrics the day I performed in Lowell; I think Coralkong heard me play that and several other songs from the new disc.

I will try to do something. I seems to always say that and get too busy and bail. But I will try again.

I'm in the same boat. Been slowly putting together a drum track though. Literally, I've gotten the first 4 bars done since this was announced. :facepalm:

I'm in the same boat. Been slowly putting together a drum track though. Literally, I've gotten the first 4 bars done since this was announced. :facepalm:
Sounds like me, I thought I would get some time yesterday morning to get further and then the computer wouldn't get a signal to the monitor. :-/

Monitor was okay, cable was alright, computer was booting from what I could see. Bought a graphics card, installed it. Nothing new........

Troubleshoot a bit, I've had two bands of RAM cards in there that have worked together for the last 2 years. Took one brand out. Bingo!!! Why does Shit like that happen all of a sudden after being fine that whole time?

So no Shit, there I was. All happy that I had the morning off so I could work on my drum track(midi) for my song. I got along great for a while and got through to the end of the second refrain. Then I decided to play along, and realized that it was too slow and missing the energy, like it was just sucked out of it or something.

Brought it from my guestimated 138 to 142, perfect! So I save it there and decided to add on to the midi file, go into the editor and see that nothing is falling into place on the grid. Go back out and change it back to 138, no, still off, maybe worse. Back to 142, wtf? Still bad.

Export the midi as a separate file and start a new project started off the bat at 142. No, it saved the midi with the beats out of time.

Aaaargh!!!!!! So I had to go back and move everything into place, half a measure at a time per drag and drop......

I will say though that the end result has a nice feel, with the drums still being loose a bit. I just have to program the solo drums some time, one guitar track , one bass track and the dreaded vocals. Since it is a live version of the song I want to do, I want to have it a bit authentic without overdubs and one take on all instruments.

I may try to get out a Maiden tune as well if I find the time.

I just found my way back to you guys and this was my 3rd question (right behind "How goes it?" and "Is Ghost still a hot topic? :embarrassed:")...
So I am in! ...as long as I can talk @micwalt into providing the vox and @mosiddiqi to lay down a blistering solo heavy-metal-044

I've got one done. I'll see if I can get another by the due date.

Can I use a track from an album I just released? I don't really do any recording myself except just simple phone stuff to make demos

Back