My local shop is selling Alessandro mod'd Fender Amps

I was just curious. I still have my 1971 Deluxe Reverb but I get nervous about relying on it for gigs due to its age. It seems like it needs a couple of hundred dollars worth of service every few years to keep running if I use it regularly. I don't care for the 65 DRRI but the '68 RI seemed like a decent replacement.

Hasn't your DR gone through a lot of mods and unmodding over it's lifetime?

btw......Z makes amps with the vintage fender thing also. the Z-lux is 2 6V6 tubes and the Therapy is 2 6L6 tubes......just sayin.

Power tubes do not make an amp a Fender. Tweeds use 6L6 and 6V6 tubes as well and couldn't be further from the signature "Fender Tone" of the Blackface/Silverface amps.

The Therapy is Tweed inspired, but the Maz family and Z-Lux both find some overlap with BF Fenders.

Hasn't your DR gone through a lot of mods and unmodding over it's lifetime?

Yeah. Allegedly it has been "returned to stock" by my last tech but it still sounds nothing like a normal Deluxe from that era. Some of it is the greenback and some of it is the constant surgery. I've entertained the thought of having a local amp builder copy it but at the end of the day it's probably not worth the expense.

Back