Chemistry...

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...
...is a very strange thing...totally unpredictable...

I met a very nice woman on OKcupid last week and we really hit it off, trading messages, texts, and talking twice for over an hour on the phone...we set up a date for Sunday, lunch, followed by a trip to an orchard for apple picking...

It was a nice day, she's a really nice person...but I wasn't feeling anything, which came as a complete shock to me...maybe I had built up too high of an expectation...I don't know...

We left things open to a second date after Barn Storm, but all day yesterday I couldn't shake the belief that it was a waste of time...

So last night I went to Okcupid to send her a message about how I felt. But she had deleted her account.

I texted her asking what was up, and she said she was getting too many creeps...

So I told her I wasn't feeling it...she took it well, I guess, but how can you really tell...

I never was any good at relationship stuff...

I'm not sure why I'm posting this...maybe just because I feel bad about it and needed to vent...

Whatever...

...is a very strange thing...totally unpredictable...

I met a very nice woman on OKcupid last week and we really hit it off, trading messages, texts, and talking twice for over an hour on the phone...we set up a date for Sunday, lunch, followed by a trip to an orchard for apple picking...

It was a nice day, she's a really nice person...but I wasn't feeling anything, which came as a complete shock to me...maybe I had built up too high of an expectation...I don't know...

We left things open to a second date after Barn Storm, but all day yesterday I couldn't shake the belief that it was a waste of time...

So last night I went to Okcupid to send her a message about how I felt. But she had deleted her account.

I texted her asking what was up, and she said she was getting too many creeps...

So I told her I wasn't feeling it...she took it well, I guess, but how can you really tell...

I never was any good at relationship stuff...

I'm not sure why I'm posting this...maybe just because I feel bad about it and needed to vent...

Whatever...

Keep your chin up, David - don't be afraid to keep making the effort, and it will happen when it happens :)

Until then, storm that barn!beavis0

I don't know if I could handle modern dating. If Mrs. Roach leaves me, I'll probably just get by with realdolls etc.

i live vicariously through a few single friends. it's pretty amazing what goes on nowadays. the concept of "open" marriage is rather popular lately. why wasn't this around 10 years ago?

I got very lucky post marriage and met someone in a very not expected way. If that does not work out I don't know if I could ever last long in the online dating thing. The unfortunate thing for me is that the GF lives 60 miles away and cannot move closer.

damn.....i read the thread title and thought that when i came in here we'd be having a discussion about Avagadro's number.
:(
:grin:

i live vicariously through a few single friends. it's pretty amazing what goes on nowadays. the concept of "open" marriage is rather popular lately. why wasn't this around 10 years ago?

Did you miss out on the 70's? Plenty of 'sharing' going on back then.

I went through a lot of online dating and chemistry issues over the last few years, but Ashlee and I clicked at our very first date and it just keeps getting better. Last night she sent me a message asking me what I was doing on Feb. 19th. When I replied I had no idea, she said, "Well, I just bought us tickets to see Jason Isbell in Indy... want to make a weekend out of it?"

That lady is a keeper. Stick with it my friend!

I went through a lot of online dating and chemistry issues over the last few years, but Ashlee and I clicked at our very first date and it just keeps getting better. Last night she sent me a message asking me what I was doing on Feb. 19th. When I replied I had no idea, she said, "Well, I just bought us tickets to see Jason Isbell in Indy... want to make a weekend out of it?"

Wow. My lady just sent me a message telling me the toilet is stopped up and the cat is pregnant.

If you do anything to fuck that up I'm going to drive to Ohio and slap the shit out of you...cop0

Thanks, Andy...I'm going to dive right back in...

Dating sucks. The online thing has more options but along with that there are more crazies. In my age group many of the women I've come across have made unwise financial decisions along the way and are looking for a sugar daddy. Dave, keep at it. You never know when the right one will happen by.

Back