What is an Ibanez RG7420 worth?

Tiltsta

Show me your frittatas
Staff member
I'm thinking of selling some unused stuff. First on the list is a ibanez 7 string. I have no idea what it is worth, and I can't seem to find much online. I was hoping someone here could maybe guess how this thing should be priced on the local craiglist.

The guitar is an Ibanez RG7420 in Magenta Crush. It is from 2002 and is a made in Japan model from the Fujigen factory. It is 100% stock and in MINT condition. It has maybe about 10 hours of play time on it, so when I say mint, I mean pretty much like new. Not scratches, no wear. I also have the Ibanez (unbranded) gig bag that came with it.

I bought the thing as a closeout from MF for a project that never really materialized. I think it is time to move it on to a new home. I need the space on my guitar wall for other things.

So, what do you think it is worth? Anyone have access to the used price guides?

DSC02858.jpg

:love:

Yeah, if it's minty clean and a Fujigen then $400 is easy. I've been them go in beat up shape for $300 all day long. That thing is SWEET.

What else are you selling?

I haven't decided on everything I'm selling yet. I just want to get rid of some stuff I don't use often. I think the next item on the list is probably a line6 flextone 2 plus and the big floorboard that goes with it. Basically an amplified POD 2.0. These seem to show up on the local CL between 200-400 bucks, with mint ones with the big floorboard running around 400 asking. I'll probably list it a 300 to get rid of it and be prepared to take less. It sounds good, but I just don't use it.

I'm also toying with selling my Carvin x100b half stack. It takes up a lot of space, and is way too loud for my needs. I like the amp, but I'm thinking about getting a JVM that would overlap with the Carvin in sound.

I haven't decided on everything I'm selling yet. I just want to get rid of some stuff I don't use often. I think the next item on the list is probably a line6 flextone 2 plus and the big floorboard that goes with it. Basically an amplified POD 2.0. These seem to show up on the local CL between 200-400 bucks, with mint ones with the big floorboard running around 400 asking. I'll probably list it a 300 to get rid of it and be prepared to take less. It sounds good, but I just don't use it.

I'm also toying with selling my Carvin x100b half stack. It takes up a lot of space, and is way too loud for my needs. I like the amp, but I'm thinking about getting a JVM that would overlap with the Carvin in sound.

OGG and Jbird will want those.

OGG and Jbird will want those.
:)

I'm not so sure I could/would use the speakers to a half-stack, but I would definitely take the amp. I have a friend who would love the speaker cab though, so if the whole thing or nothing, I'd give my buddy the speaker cab.

Is the Ibanez Magenta Crush still for sale? I'll buy it now for more than it's worth. Loved that guitar when I had one, regretted letting it go ever since!

Back