Did anyone catch the Chrissie Hynde interview on NPR this morning?

GomezAddams

Wandering and wondering
Staff member
Holy shit, she sounds like a grade-A asshole. Maybe she was just having a bad day, or maybe she resents her publisher making her publicize her new book, but even so, no need to be so rude.

Last edited:
A few decades ago she was cool with attitude.
Now, she's more like the get-off-my-lawn old guy than a punk rebel. :(

Yeah, I heard it. Holy shit, that must have been miserable for the interviewer.

haven't listened. bummer. I really enjoyed seeing her and her band in a small show in Tacoma in the 90's. they still brought it. Sorry to hear her attitude is so bad. You can have a rebel/protester streak and still not be rude or an asshole.

Not a fan of her as an individual. She is most definitely an asshole. She also pretty much destroyed Simple Minds when she married Jim Kerr. She can go to Hell.

Just listened. She really does come across as a self-indulgent jerk. Just like a lot of famous people...

Reactions: Tig
Even if you are 'forced' to do an interview to promote a book with a widely listened to national news program, at least pretend (pun intended) to care. Made it maybe half way through. Wow.....

Reactions: Tig
She did a whole, rape victims are kind of asking for it thing over here a few months back :/

I heard an interview with her about a month ago about her book and she seemed fine.

I just listened to that NPR interview and her attitude has certainly changed. I think I'm going to follow her advice and not buy her music or her book (but I wasn't going to anyway). icon_conf

If you don't want to talk about your book then don't write one or at least don't promote it.

I just listened to it and I was not offended by her demeanor. A couple of the interviewer's questions were kind of dumb. He made a statement, then expected her to "answer" the statement. Once she was asked a question, she answered fine. Maybe not very demure about her opinions, but not sure she should be. But I guess I am particular about how people ask questions. Lawyer: "Objection your honor, argumentative. Counsel is not asking a question, he is making argument." Judge: "He's right mr. so and so, stop rambling and ask a question. The statement will be stricken from the record."

Morning? NPR?
I listen to NPR all the time. I usually catch Morning Edition in the evening, but usually miss All Things Considered. During the day there are a munber of programs I catch depending on my schedule. If I'm not listening to NPR I'll listen to a CD.

Back