Bought a Nordic Track Elliptical

Scott Powell

Blackmore Wannabe
Wow this thing is a BEAST! I do 30 minutes a day with the resistance on 3 and keep my RPM's between 7.5/8
and it kicks my ass every single night, I love it! I was walking 2.5 miles a day at a brisk pace,and I feel the same amount of time invested on the elliptical yields MUCH better results. My knees and hips love the No Impact as well
nordictrackelliptical.jpg

Cool!

I have had my eye on getting an elliptical myself. When the weather starts getting cold and rainy for jogging I'll probably start shopping for one of those. I'll put the nordictrac on the list.

I hope you bought it used. Most exercise equipment is much cheaper after it first was someone else's towel rack. WE have an eliptical at work that I use maybe once a week during the winter.

happy new future towel rack day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:lol:

Yeah, I keep watching these P40x videos, and they're not doing a damn thing!

Those eliptical machines are great for drying blankets. My last one ended up looking like a Bantha from Star Wars there was so much shit on it.

I hope you bought it used. Most exercise equipment is much cheaper after it first was someone else's towel rack. WE have an eliptical at work that I use maybe once a week during the winter.
I indeed bought it used,and got a very good deal on it. I really like it, and the only thing that will be hanging on iit is my tired worn out self

Well I finally pulled the trigger on an elliptical. Looks like I'll be spending Saturday putting the thing together.

Hopefully it will be a good complement to running, and easier on my ouchy hip. Plus this time of year sometimes the weather makes it hard to get out and run.

Ellipticals are great, I’d have one if we had a bigger house. After a few months you get used to clipping away with an elevated heart rate so you can read and get a cardio workout, which is a great way to kill two birds.

I have gotten into the routine of doing 30 minutes each day with the resistance set on 3,and keeping a very upbeat pace. I get in over 2,000 steps in this half hour and my heart just POUNDS when I am done. I love love love it. I rest for 30-45 minutes and then hit 175 push ups and sit ups

Man, my first exercise session was pathetic by any measure. I could barely hang in there for 10 minutes.

And while I have been in better shape, it's not like I'm a total couchblob. My wind wasn't a problem, but that thing was brutal on my upper legs.

Also I forgot to lubricate the rails, after I did that it was like 2 levels less resistance. :grin:

Anyway, I'll have to be patient while I get more used to the motion. I think I'm really going to like having that machine in there, and having a more rounded exercise regimen than just running.

OK, last night I was careful to pace myself at the beginning, and hung in there for 20 minutes Much better.

Afterwards my legs felt like overcooked pasta... :tongue:

Back