ToneShaper Guitar Wiring Kit, For Stratocaster (Blender Wiring)

newbuilder

snoochie boochies
So, some of you from Harmony might remember my Mason strat. Itsfuckingawesome! I will post a pic to remind. Anyway, it has always had scratchy pots. Good CTS brand pots, wiring looked amazing from Chris, who wired it, but it was scratchy. I tried using electronic component cleaner and working them and it helped but still scratchy. I use my volume knob all of the time and scratchy is a deal breaker. So, I finally got around to ordering new pots and tried the ToneShaper Kit, it was a tad more expensive than just buying the pots, $10 more, and included a blend knob in place of the second tone to blend the neck in with the bridge pickup. I have tested it to make sure it works and isn't scratchy, but haven't gotten to really test it. Wife crashed out watching old movies on the couch, so I will get to hash it out in a few.
Anyway, that is what I did today while I should have been working on papers and finals.
ts-wk-st-sss2l-toneshapers-wiring-kit-stratocaster-modern-long-pots-400.jpg

1316172885P02215.png

071-1.jpg

074-2.jpg

Thanks man, it sounds killer. Now I have had a chance to play for a while. NO more scratchy pots, great sound with the bridge and neck mixed.

I'm thinking that you have a new favorite axe!

With my Deluxe Player Strat (which is one of my own favs), I have a button to push that will add the bridge pickup in the 4 & 5 position. The only thing that would make it better is to be able to control just how much bridge pickup you want to add in.

I'm thinking that you have a new favorite axe!

With my Deluxe Player Strat (which is one of my own favs), I have a button to push that will add the bridge pickup in the 4 & 5 position. The only thing that would make it better is to be able to control just how much bridge pickup you want to add in.

An old favorite axe.:thu: I gigged with this guitar, for about a year or so, as my main axe. I used a volume pedal to turn up and down without any scratchiness. I just picked it up again recently, remembered how great it played and decided to make a couple of adjustments that put it back in to my hands more often. The blend pot is cool. I am starting to vary the degree of neck pup in the mix and it is cool. Clean setting on my amp, hall reverb, and light delay is just wonderful!

Back