Achtung! HNBD! Squier VM Jaguar SS

vintage clubber

You gunky!
So a friend and former bandmate called me a couple of weeks ago and asked me to help out his former band for an upcoming gig to sit in for their bass player who had another commitment that weekend. I agreed with Mrs. Clubber's blessing to take the gig. I went to the first practice last week with my SX Jazz bass copy and after a couple of hours of struggling with the neck and the weight of the instrument decided I needed to go short scale. I lucked out on this VM Jaguar SS bass at Sam Ash and gladly took the trade in loss on my SX that I was trying to sell anyway...:embarrassed: This Squier is so much easier on my hands and my back! I really like it!

Sorry for the bad lighting in the pics...:facepalm:

Cool bass. I had one for a while. I sold it when I went back to long scale basses.

I doubt I will ever go back to long scale now that I have this short scale bass. It is so much more comfortable to play. I still have an OLP MM4 bass and I need to do a little work on it before I put it up for sale.

HNssBD! Welcome to the lightweight side!
As you know, I have one of these as well. A wonderful instrument for such a small investment.

HNssBD! Welcome to the lightweight side!
As you know, I have one of these as well. A wonderful instrument for such a small investment.

Yep! Love the red! Black was the only color my local store had. I was trying out a Bronco bass and would have probably bought that one if the price difference had been greater. The Jag was only $30 more and had way better features and hardware. The Bronco played surprisingly well and had it been more like $120 or less, I would have probably bought it. If I come across a used one for under $100, I will grab it...:lol:

Reactions: Tig
Reactions: Tig
Back