Dig it! NGD... out for delivery!!!!

That's not what the box says! :wink:

I talked to my sales guy and he said that when the box hits room temperature I can take the case out. When the case feels room temperature I can open it really quickly to check on the guitar; if it's room temperature too we're good to go!

That's one of those fanned-fret Avians, isn't it?

Gorgeous!

Did you find that last weekend in Nashvegas?

I did! I had it narrowed down to three guitars- a Santa Cruz OM, a Collings CJ, and this one. This knocked out the OM, but it was a lot harder between this one and the CJ. The final result came when I decided to break out the capo... the low end on the CJ vanished and everything sounded thin, while the D2H just stayed balanced. It doesn't have the boom or bark of a Martin D-28, but it's very lively and refined. I can't wait to hear how it sounds after it opens up some more!

Specs:

Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
Scale: 25 1/2"
Nut Width: 1 3/4"
Frets To Body: 14
High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
Fully adjustable truss rod
Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
Dark Sunburst Finish
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Fretboard: Ebony 14"- 26" Compound fingerboard radius
Bridge: Ebony Belly
Bracing: Pre-war scalloped bracing
Headstock Shape: Square headstock with volute
Headstock Overlay: Stained Ebony
Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
Tuners: Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
Inlays: Mother of pearl diamond and square fingerboard inlays
Rosette: Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
Purfling: Herringbone
Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
Backstrip: Matching 2-Style Backstrip
Pickguard: Tortoise Style
Nut Material: Bone
Saddle Material: Bone
Saddle Spacing: 2 3/16"
Bridge Pins: Ebony
Neck Profile: Modified V neck profile
Body Depth: 4 7/8"
Lower Bout Width: 15 5/8"

I did! I had it narrowed down to three guitars- a Santa Cruz OM, a Collings CJ, and this one. This knocked out the OM, but it was a lot harder between this one and the CJ. The final result came when I decided to break out the capo... the low end on the CJ vanished and everything sounded thin, while the D2H just stayed balanced. It doesn't have the boom or bark of a Martin D-28, but it's very lively and refined. I can't wait to hear how it sounds after it opens up some more!

Is it new or used? Look brand new in the pics......

Enjoy playing that all weekend.

All that drama for THAT geetar? Glad you like it. I DO give you props for buying a totally acoustic geetar, without the hidden pickup and the cut into the side wall controls.

Back