Tonights failed pedalboard experiment

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I thought I would try putting my second RC Booster in the effects loop to see if that would give me more of a clean volume boost and less crush on the preamp. No bueno. Sounded pretty much the same if a little muddier. I don't think the loop sounds that great in this amp.

11850349_152344388438167_1684343966_n.jpg

Less is more, brother.
At some point we are chasing the tail. What did we hear that so consumed us?
How can I get (insert geetar-god name here) that sound?

Maybe.. maybe..I carve out my own sound and someone a few years or more says.." Damn..how do I get that sound".

I have more pedals in my FX loop than I run out front. I agree with Howie -- put a clean boost in the loop, that'll give you a volume boost with less coloration.

I've tried running my times based stuff in the loop on this amp and it always sounds kinda shitty. The loop is supposed to have a buffer as far as I can remember but it hasn't sounded very good any time I've used it. And the amp sounds killer with everything out front. I only have one situation where the boost in the loop would be useful (if it worked) but it would be massively helpful if I had it for those gigs. I've wanted an excuse to get a Keeley Katana boost for a while so maybe this would be the time to pul the trigger. Plus I can get one for dealer cost and it wouldn't tie the second RC Booster up (I use it in my small board and standalone for sit ins.

Did you first consult with Wein Jr. before you made this engineering change? cop0
Probably should have.

Back