I Think This Follows The Guidelines

Hmm just sayin, who is this person that is the expert??? And what is their medical training? At least with a Vet they have medical training. How do they know if a given vet has or has not had nutritional training and what is their qualifications to judge them? Anyone can post something on the internet without showing their credentials

Raw food may be ok and like anything can likely be done wrong and cause harm too. None of the vets I have ever met has not had the animal's best interest in mind. That's why most of them became vets. It is arguably harder than human med school (you have to know multiple anatomies not just one) and the pay is not nearly as good. They do it because they love animals not because they get great big kickbacks from Purina

And don't forgot that dogs (and to a lesser extent cats) are domesticated not wild animals and there have been changes associated with that domestication over the last 15000 or so years. If you need an example you can cite the bulldog who's pups must be born with a c-section (80%). That's pretty much not natural. Perhaps being fed table scraps also has made a change in them :shrug:

How is it that vets all sell the same food? Think about it..
How can one single brand of food be the end all and cure all for all cats and dogs..Think about it..

My own eyes have watched dogs and cats pass at the ages of between 6-13 eating the food that vets SELL..
Meanwhile the trips to the vets escalate...

And,any vet that would recommend feeding a carnivore cat dry,Dry,DRY kibble require more schooling.
Kibble has been around for decades,not 15,000 years.....

Last edited:
Dear Lord....You do understand that I'm expected to be at post in five hours??

Thankfully the young are taking over and I'm there for guidance..

Catnip to nutrition=weed to salad..

Jesus, I'm sorry, I should have considered the time zone difference before I called you. Won't happen again.

No my friend,I'm sorry....I was a touch over tired and the topic at hand is impt to me..

If you're in BC the difference is four hours...If you're in NFLD-well,you know...

At work now and it's loud....Have a good one.....

Back on the topic of food.....

How is it that vets all sell the same food?

Veterinarians all sell the same food because the demand for any particular veterinary pet food is small. Most dogs only need speciality foods to address short-term problems; dogs with chronic food issues don’t live long lives and aren’t usually bred (save Westies, because they’re bred by assholes). Nobody is going to chase Science Diet in that niche because there’s not enough of a market to bother. If your vet is trying to sell you Science Diet, through their office, for all your pet, then the problem is a shitty vet, not the pet food industry.

Back