On the road!

Walking round Bristol on Sunday saw this going by:

Lambo1.jpg
Lambo2.jpg

Reactions: OGG
I saw a Tesla Model S on the road the other day. Sorry, couldn't get a picture, but I was really impressed by the understated yet sporty good looks.

So I did a little research - they claim the 2-engine AWD gives 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. And dig this:

Autopilot combines a forward looking camera, radar, and 360 degree sonar sensors with real time traffic updates to automatically drive Model S on the open road and in dense stop and go traffic. Changing lanes becomes as simple as a tap of the turn signal. When you arrive at your destination, Model S will both detect a parking spot and automatically park itself. Standard equipment safety features are constantly monitoring stop signs, traffic signals and pedestrians, as well as for unintentional lane changes.

:eek:

Is that autopilot stuff even legal? I would be pretty nervous the first couple times I turned that on...but man that is impressive if true. Not exactly what most sports car fans are looking for of course, but this isn't yer papi's sports car anyway.

I would love to try one out, but they start at around $70K so that aint happening.

hero-01.jpg

I haven't seen a Huracan on the road yet, which is weird because Gallardos are an almost daily sighting. I'm curious to see if they look as bland in person as they do in pictures. Not to say it isn't striking, because it is. It just seems to lack some of the usual Lamborghini definition and bold ques. It's almost too refined and sleek looking if you know what I mean. There is nothing gawdy or outrageous about it that is quintessential Lamborghini styling insanity.

It shares more styling cues with a Prius than it does with a Countach.

I'd still take one in a heartbeat too.

I haven't seen a Huracan on the road yet, which is weird because Gallardos are an almost daily sighting. I'm curious to see if they look as bland in person as they do in pictures. Not to say it isn't striking, because it is. It just seems to lack some of the usual Lamborghini definition and bold ques. It's almost too refined and sleek looking if you know what I mean. There is nothing gawdy or outrageous about it that is quintessential Lamborghini styling insanity.

It shares more styling cues with a Prius than it does with a Countach.

I'd still take one in a heartbeat too.

I've seen two in person now (both red) — the one last night and the one at the Italian car show in Denver a few weeks back. I think it's a much better looking car than the Gallardo and it's far more attractive than an Aventador, but I agree there's a certain generic quality. McLarens suffer from the same issue IMHO. Still, the Huracan has great presence in a way that the Gallardo never did for me.

DSC_9882.jpg

DSC_9772.jpg

DSC_9874.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen two in person now (both red) — the one last night and the one at the Italian car show in Denver a few weeks back. I think it's a much better looking car than the Gallardo and it's far more attractive than an Aventador, but I agree there's a certain generic quality. McLarens suffer from the same issue IMHO. Still, the Huracan has great presence in a way that the Gallardo never did for me.

DSC_9882.jpg

DSC_9772.jpg

DSC_9874.jpg
Good points. I can't disagree for the most part other than to say that both the Gallardo and the Aventador SCREAM "look at me! I'm a Lamborghini! " as where the Huracan is much more subdued.

The McLaren assessment is dead on. Beautiful cars, but somehow uninspiring. Function over form is the McLaren way. Which is in stark contrast to the Lamborghini school of thought.

The dissolution of Bertone as a design house was not a good thing for the raging bull crest.

Ok, so before I eat some words, let's get this sighting from yesterday out of the way first...

5744734a55fed86f58d257759d0bb579.jpg

Lovely blue Ferrari cruising down the freeway at 50 MPH with Ebenezer at the wheel.

Now, the star of our show as seen this morning while sitting in the back up of a five car pile up.

I must say, pictures do not do this car justice at all. I nearly shat purple twinkies when I glanced over and saw this stunning machine. Sweet baby gebus! Maybe the paint scheme is what really put it over the top, I don't know, but this thing when viewed up close and in person completely negates all of my previous criticism. It is very much a quintessential Raging Bull...

10f5e4ae876366740db50ff9fb4f40b1.jpg

Unfreakingbelievably fantastic looking car. In fact, as the Gallardo (IMHO) was better looking than the Murcielago, this is better looking than the Aventador.

I giggled while staring at this monster.

Yeah, throughout history there are tons of cars that simply don't photograph well. Or at least they don't convey the real presence or beauty of the design. The Huracan is one of those designs.

Another example of a car that (in my opinion) doesn't photograph well. The one I saw in Denver was gorgeous.
It definitely looks much better in person. It does have some odd dimensions, but the entirety of it simply works.

I dropped the FIAT off this morning for scheduled service and walked over to the rehearsal studio which is about a mile away to work on stuff while they did their thing.

By 9:embarrassed:0 AM it was already over 100 degrees. It was only a mile, but in the direct sunlight it was brutal.

Walking past the Nissan dealer, they had no fewer than 7 brand new GT-Rs that I could see. The dealer here in town (same dealer, different location) rarely has any. That was weird.

The walk back at 1:embarrassed:0 PM was total bullshit. Had to be 105-106 and muggy. Just nasty in general. Ugh.

Passed a Renault Clio V6 Renault Sport the other day leaving the lot that the local exotics club meets in when I was coming back from a 'depot run. I'm going to have to swing by next time to see how that wound up in the states.

One my commute to work this morning I got stuck in a bit of a highway backup, right behind this truck. It is the current Mazda factory IMSA/Tudor prototype car transport truck. The team is based a bit south of me, and I think they were off to petit lemans at road atlanta this weekend. The truck driver honked at my mazdaspeed 3 and waved. :)

IMG_2063.JPG

I'm guessing one of these was inside...plus another one in the truck a bit further up the road.

01_mazdap2.jpg

Random stuff I've seen over the past few days but didn't have an opportunity to take pics:

An ORIGINAL FIAT 500... like, seriously old school. Total rust bucket. Was heading into the area of the industrial center where all of the custom shops and paint/body shops are. I'm guessing it was going in for restoration work. It was running under its own power though, which is half the battle.

Mint condition Black on Black on Black Triumph TR-7 Convertible. Looked showroom new. Either spent its entire life in a garage, or somebody spent more than the car is worth to make it look so nice.

Outside work today. Used to like these old Dusters, and for some reason, liked this style mag wheel. I think Hot Wheels had something to do with it.
013416BB-805E-43EA-B22B-C9112927EA9B_zpszasen53o.jpg~original

Then we hosted the high school XC team pasta feed before tomorrow's meet. Some of the kids have pretty cool vehicles.

Joseph's Chevy Pickup.

BA7F7F4F-DADC-4B21-876F-4FA4AE0ACA86_zpsvovljdti.jpg~original

146C97DB-E16C-47E6-A0CF-FFAABEC64CE1_zpsaooolelq.jpg~original

Then two of these Commandos. One topless, one not.

3CC90FBB-3107-42C5-A83C-A84528D97544_zpsgt6y8rp6.jpg~original

30B9DBE7-CCB2-472F-B06A-A17209FC3440_zpslbfisrcs.jpg~original

9DD668BF-EFBE-4D26-8E75-67C34E4E0E12_zpskwoqrw5q.jpg~original

295D72CE-BBBA-4CE1-AB8C-4FEC81C4DBF9_zpssp2ds11x.jpg~original

Lucky kids!

The style of those wheels on that Duster is the generic image in my head for "mag wheels." That particular design is iconic.

Back