Sea Food Appreciation Thread

tompetty

Sporting a hammer...
I know people that wouldn't put seafood to their lips if their life depended on it..

I know one person,for example,that will only eat scallops and no other..

I have three daughters and the two oldest will only eat salmon and haddock..
My youngest is like me and loves everything from raw oysters on the shell,to mussels,to lobster,clams,you name it..
Any picky seafood eaters here??

I love almost all of it. Fish, shellfish, caviar, squid, octopus, etc. Seal, if you think that's seafood.

Ya..Me and my youngest too...Never tried seal,and not sure I would count that as seafood though I was with my Dad in a boat when he tried to shoot one with his 303..

They submerge fast....

I like mussels, oysters, shark, swordfish, perch, halibut, flounder, smoked salmon, plaice, monkfish, tuna.....but no shrimp, scallops , or calamari for me (it's a texture thing).

Last edited:
I like mussels, oysters, shark, swordfish, perch, halibut, flounder, smoked salmon, plaice, monkfish, tuna.....but no shrimp, scalopls, or calamari for me (it's a texture thing).
The texture thing seems to be an issue for some..You're not the first I've heard that from..

I don't get it but I understand.........

GIVE ME IT ALL!!!

I love it raw, grilled, broiled, fried, sauteed, etc...

All except cuttlefish. I had some last time I was in Tokyo, and I almost gagged.

About the only seafood/fish/crustacean I don't care for is salmon and soft-shelled crab sandwiches.

Other than that, shit, yeah....bring it on!
Crawdads, oysters, crabs, lobster, fish of all type (other than salmon), clams, calamari, hell, I even tried Japanese Sea-Squirts once (they weren't very good)........I'll do damn near anything once. Twice if I live through it the first time.....

I don't like any seafood on bread...

I am curious why you don't like salmon??

I actually prefer sea trout,(very similar), over salmon but it's by a small margin..

Last edited:
I don't like any seafood on bread...

I am curious why you don't like salmon??

I actually prefer sea trout,(very similar), over salmon but it's by a small margin..

Not really sure, to be honest........just kind of tastes "odd" to me. And it is always cooked on something else (a plank, or smothered with sauce or what have you) that masks its real taste.

Just not my thing.

Understood....

My favorite way of having salmon is simple...Pan fried in butter with dill weed...

I'd love to try some really fresh salmon, pan-fried on a cast iron skillet over a Canadian campfire and done up with the "local" fixings.....just haven't had that opportunity yet.

I'd certainly revisit it, though.......we have "land-locked" salmon down here (odd, I know, but true) and it's not the same. And West Coast salmon, by the time it reaches me....well, I'm just not interested at that point, you know?

Kind of like ordering a lobster at Red Lobster, it's just not gonna be real good.....

I'd love to try some really fresh salmon, pan-fried on a cast iron skillet over a Canadian campfire and done up with the "local" fixings.....just haven't had that opportunity yet.

I'd certainly revisit it, though.......we have "land-locked" salmon down here (odd, I know, but true) and it's not the same. And West Coast salmon, by the time it reaches me....well, I'm just not interested at that point, you know?

Kind of like ordering a lobster at Red Lobster, it's just not gonna be real good.....

Understood.

I'll eat most fish. Tilapia is gross, but that's about the only one I stay away from. Shellfish is touch and go for me.

Tilapia is a freshwater fish, native to Africa, and actually covers a huge amount of species......they're farmed in the US....

I'm allergic to shellfish and have never cared for the taste of other seafood. At one point I would eat tuna salad, but never really liked it much.

Back