Egnator out, new amp in

emmaporkchop

The face of emmaporkchop
Sometimes it just works out this way. No matter what I did I just couldn't get rid of the boxy sound from the Egnator Rebel 30 combo I just got this week. The only real improvement was taking off some of the back covers, but it still wasn't enough. I was pretty bummed out cause I was hoping to have another smaller amp but something different from my Classic 30.
I still wanted something else though so I went back to a couple craigslist ads and did some more research on some Vox amps, I did get to try out some AC15, but there seemed to be some issues with each one. I finally went with the AC50CR. I really didn't want a 70+ lbs amp but it was being sold with a flight case (w/ wheels), amp stand and the foot switch (why does it seem like no one keeps the foot switches??). I know it's not voiced like a AC30, it wasn't exactly designed to, has more of a between Marshall and Vox type sound. People seem to either love them or hate them. I was able to plug it in this morning and turn it up and I'm really loving this amp! Both channels are great and very easy to dial in, just don't look forward to moving it but I could always just take my Classic 30 if stairs are involved. Don't see this amp much, they really didn't catch on when they came out, and I'm sure it's not going up in value like a AC30 but it ended up being the amp that was able to do what I wanted one to and I got it dirt cheap.
Vox AC50CR.jpg

Sorry the Rebel didn't work out. I never cared for it but, one person likes one thing... I always liked the Renegade. One of my go to amps, when at GC, trying out guitars.

HNAD

Sorry the Rebel didn't work out. I never cared for it but, one person likes one thing... I always liked the Renegade. One of my go to amps, when at GC, trying out guitars.

HNAD

I liked the clean sound on it, but I couldn't get rid of that box type sound, probably sounds good in a head form with a nice open back cabinet. I considered getting a Renegade but they had sold it before I got back to the store.

I've had both the Tweaker and Rebel20 come and go. Enjoy your Vox. I'm still looking for a Vox I can get along with.

I could never bond with the AC30 I had for a few months. Maybe the 50 would have been more to my liking.

HNAD. I'm not sure why others stayed away from them, I didn't get into them because I'm a stupid traditionalist who couldn't get past the front control panel.

Back