What are you practicing this week? 7-27-15

I was goofing around on my acoustic on Saturday doing the open 'E' thing (capo on the second fret but leave the low 'E' string uncapoed - play in 'D') and came up with a cool progression I think I am going to develop into a song.

I need to do something because I think my band is kaput. Our last show was over a month ago and I have not heard a word from anyone about anything. And actually I am good with that - except for the finding a new band at my age part. Most new bands are way younger and I'm not really the skill level to front my own band...though I may try.

Solo acoustic stuff mostly. Been also messing with tunes in Open D and Open E (capo'd) on acoustic.

I haven't heard of that open E capo thing...sounds interesting I'll have to google it.

I have about 6 weeks before my guitar camp so I need to spend more time playing acoustic so I'm not sitting in the back with the dunce cap on :Wave: However I have trouble practicing anything these days that isn't musical (aka a song) so I'm not sure how to motivate my self to do so. I try and get frustrated/bored really fast and end up back playing songs in no time

Back