Bars gigs on Tuesday night??

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
Apparently yes......

The country band I filled in for a couple weeks ago has a gig this Tuesday and needs me to fill in again. 7:embarrassed:0 - 11:embarrassed:0PM.

Only bad thing? My son flies out that morning and I have to get him to the airport by 6:embarrassed:0AM. That is a loong day.

I checked the club website. They have a band every Tuesday, and Tuesday is ladies night. So a possible crowd. Drunk female crowd. It's good to be single. :wink:

Back in college, my band played just about every night of the week at a bar. Not in the same week but the bars there had bands any night.

we play on Tuesdays sometimes. lots of industry folk go out earlier in the week plus its a college town so there are always kids out having fun.

Tuesday night show went fairly well. Decent crowd and I played fairly well. The drummer spent ten minutes trying to talk me into joining the band again so they can can the guitarist I was replacing for the evening. No one in the band likes him. I actually enjoyed the music mix and playing with them. But they really need the other guitar player to be the primary lead player so that the guitarist/lead singer can concentrate more of singing than playing. I could probably realistically do about 1/3 of what he does lead wise so I'm not a good fit. Sound wise though everyone in the band and audience think they sound way better when I am playing with them.

One lady was there about the whole show and shot some videos that she posted on youtube. It did sound pretty good.

The drummer spent ten minutes trying to talk me into joining the band again so they can can the guitarist I was replacing for the evening. No one in the band likes him. I actually enjoyed the music mix and playing with them.

If you aren't moving away then I'd suggest you do it.

But they really need the other guitar player to be the primary lead player so that the guitarist/lead singer can concentrate more of singing than playing. I could probably realistically do about 1/3 of what he does lead wise so I'm not a good fit.

The above ^ is actually irrelevant because of the following bit.

Sound wise though everyone in the band and audience think they sound way better when I am playing with them. One lady was there about the whole show and shot some videos that she posted on youtube. It did sound pretty good.

End of the day, a band that enjoys each others company and playing together is nearly always going to have a better vibe/sound/show than a group of guys who hate each other, no matter what the technical ability is. Besides, gives you a reason to practice and up your chops. :thu:

If you aren't moving away then I'd suggest you do it.

If the rock band I am in is actually kaput I might consider it. I have not heard a peep from any of them since our last show almost three weeks ago. No idea what is going on.

If the rock band I am in is actually kaput I might consider it. I have not heard a peep from any of them since our last show almost three weeks ago. No idea what is going on.

Did the promised band meeting ever happen? If not then I'd email them saying you're being head hunted and that if you don't hear back from them in a given time frame you're assuming the rock band is dead and will take the opportunity.

My first gigging band had a regular Tuesday night 10-2 gig for about 6 months or so, until the bar owner found out that 1/2 of the people in the audience (and the band) were under age. :embarrassed:

Talked to the band leader in the country band tonight. I may do a couple more fill in gigs, but basically they are looking for a country rock lead guitar player. I do what I do musically quite well I think, but that is not my strength. I can make a band better. Play solid rhythm guitar. Not play when I shouldn't. Pull off a few good leads a night. Sing lead or background vocals. But ripping lead guitar is not my forte.

We just had a really nice Wednesday night gig at a bar/winery and when they walked up with cash to pay us, they said "We'd love to have you back... are you available Wednesday, Sept 2nd?"

In our area, tuesdays are more commonly Open Mic, poetry, or Comedy nights.

Back