I'm Just Gonna Leave This Here......

As much as I appreciate the kid in the OP, I just cannot get into another kid appropriating the SRV sound & style. When he grows up, maybe he'll think for himself- Derek Trucks is a shining example of that, while others are always to content to walk around in someone else's shoes, well worn from the miles & miles that someone else put on them.

Painful. There's a new kid like that every month. And they're blonde white kids who somehow meet all the right people, and get endorsements up the wazoo.

Meanwhile the fat black kid who "gets it" and not appropriating anybody's culture, has to slug it out in the real world. This is called White Privilege.

So says the pitchman for Volvo.

I just think you need to own it. Stop talking about authentic blues and start talking about hedge funds and portfolio diversification.

I promise we'll understand and accept you just as much as we do now.
Own what? I auditioned for a commercial and beat out 400 people named Oscar. I'm not appropriating anybody's culture, getting by with cuteness or looks, and not benefitting from institutional racism. I kicked ass and got lucky. End of story.

Bad day at the McNugget station?

Here is a young black prodigy that seems to be having a good career in the blues. Surely someone helped him along the way.

http://marquiseknoxblues.com/Bio.html

I've even heard of Kingfish over here in Germany on a morning show. WTH?

In the days we have now where a master of the instrument has to be lucky to get a steady gig playing in the band for Rhianna you have to admit that's quite a big rippled the kids making. Sheesh...

Own what? I auditioned for a commercial and beat out 400 people named Oscar. I'm not appropriating anybody's culture, getting by with cuteness or looks, and not benefitting from institutional racism. I kicked ass and got lucky. End of story.

Bad day at the McNugget station?

So you got the part by any means necessary.

Back