There are SG haters among us. Show yourselves and be ridiculed.

I am among the ranks of the SG haters.

Every single SG I've ever played has felt like a guitar shaped plank of plywood with a baseball bat for a neck. Due to where the neck meets the body and the bridge is mounted the guitar always plays "to the left". Then top it off with a body that isn't very attractive..... there's a reason that Les Paul refused to allow his name to be placed on it.

For those who like them, more power to ya... I'll never try to take it away from ya.
:helper:

Reactions: wok
IS4udJd.jpg

Last edited:
i really like my SG. the neck carve on this particular one isn't as "clubby" as the contemporary SG Standards can be, and this guitar balances perfectly on a strap (no neck dive) probably due in part to the maestro vibrato unit which adds some additional mass to the opposite end of the guitar.

w62GibsonSG-034.jpg

SGs are OK (I gigged with a 70s SG Standard for a while in the early 90s), but I do prefer Les Pauls to SGs. It's probably due to the fact that the bodies are a bit larger, and I prefer larger bodied guitars, since they're easier for me to rest my arm on, since I sling guitars up kind of high.

I've tried a few, worked on a few, there are a few SG owners in my Family and they are cool enough....
Probably won't ever own one.
I like how they sound, I just don't like playing them...
I don't really know why, they just don't do it for me.
Maybe if I learn to play the damned things someday, but today's not the day....

Back