I don't remember doing this as a kid.

well....it's south chicago.....whatdaya expect?'
10 people were shot last weekend there.....and that's just over the weekend

no firework wars for you? When I was a kid, we had a place in the mountains on 75 acres. Whenever we would get roman candles, we would wait until dark and it would be pitch black there, put on hooded sweatshirts and goggles and try to shoot each other with them. It was awesome. You would see the ball of fire shoot through the darkness and then catch a glimpse of a person for a split second trying to dodge it.

We had bottle rocket fights as kids. We did at least wear goggles. We were stupid but not completely stupid.

Panther beach near Davenport, Ca. Every 4th back in the 70's and 80's was a total war zone. People were camped along the outer ring against the hillside. You didn't dare wander into the no mans zone in the middle of the half moon shaped beach. Bottle rockets, roman candles, M-80 mortars, etc.. One year we were up on the cliffs between part of the beach and the ocean, and we were straffed by M-80 launchers. I caught one inside my leather vest and damn near got blown off the cliff. Good Times.

Panther from the cliff top. I was out near the end on the left.
IMG_7288-Large-1000x667.jpg

You grew up in Jersey in the seventies and eighties IIRC. Those days fireworks above the mason dixon line were a rare commodity.

That said we did shit like that with bottle rockets. That can get even more dangerous.

I may or may not have set a ditch filled w/ dried leaves on the side of the road on fire participating in a vehicular based roman candle war at some point in my late teens or early 20s.

We used to have roman candle battles......and bb gun battles (before paintball).....and we used to throw corn at cars in the Fall around Halloween. We were silly kids.

We did bottle rocket jousting on our Sting Rays. :grin:
But these kids are much better shots than we were. Suspiciously so.

Back