Any old Baldurs Gate fans? Pillars of Eternity looks promising

Big fan of the BG series. Played through BG 1, ToSC, 2 and ToB a couple of times. A lot of fun... Minsc is worth the price of admission!

Watching the vid now, I might have to go get this as well.

BG trivia... did you know that the guy who voiced Minsc also voiced Winnie the Pooh?! :grin:

I wouldn't mind trying BG 2 again, if it would run on Windows 7. I barely got started in BG 2 then got hooked on Everquest and never went back to BG 2

I wouldn't mind trying BG 2 again, if it would run on Windows 7. I barely got started in BG 2 then got hooked on Everquest and never went back to BG 2

At the time BG2 was one of the best games I'd played to that point, very well done. The first KOTOR reminded me a lot of BG2 as far as the level of story immersion etc... (also instead of spells you have force powers, instead of potions you have stimulants etc... Very similar gameplay aspects IMO)

I've been playing PoE for a couple of weeks now.

Very well done game. Some of the quests do require a lot of reading though, if you don't want to miss anything. The game is also pretty much impossible to win if you just want to take a character solo thru it. You HAVE to have a well balanced party, and have one early on.

One of the things I like is you don't have to wait to run into NPC's to join your party. The inn you come to early on in the game you can 'hire' NPC's with your copper coins, and those NPC's are created just like your character.

So don't worry about 'should I play this class or should I play that class'. Go to the inn and hire all the classes you want/need for your party, with the stats/spells you want, not the stats that the in-game NPC's will have.

I've been playing PoE for a couple of weeks now.

Very well done game. Some of the quests do require a lot of reading though, if you don't want to miss anything. The game is also pretty much impossible to win if you just want to take a character solo thru it. You HAVE to have a well balanced party, and have one early on.

One of the things I like is you don't have to wait to run into NPC's to join your party. The inn you come to early on in the game you can 'hire' NPC's with your copper coins, and those NPC's are created just like your character.

So don't worry about 'should I play this class or should I play that class'. Go to the inn and hire all the classes you want/need for your party, with the stats/spells you want, not the stats that the in-game NPC's will have.

Yup, party composition is crucial. I've only got 3 in my party, me (paladin) a fighter and a mage, all NPCs. I could have picked up hirelings in the inn but didn't... I should have. Raedic's (sp) Keep is turning out to be a big pain with just the 3 of us.

I wish the NPCs had more personality... where's Minsc when you need him!

Yup, party composition is crucial. I've only got 3 in my party, me (paladin) a fighter and a mage, all NPCs. I could have picked up hirelings in the inn but didn't... I should have. Raedic's (sp) Keep is turning out to be a big pain with just the 3 of us.

I wish the NPCs had more personality... where's Minsc when you need him!
I've been playing a monk. They are quite the damage dealer, though just a bit on the squishy side.

Back