Woohoo - Ovation Guitars Are Back And Built In America Again!!!

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!

Just heard the news on the Ovation page!

11707600_10153079588117017_5668318257048587360_n.jpg

Ovation Guitars
Our own Don Lombardi signing the lease to our Factory in Harford, CT. We're back!

Ovation Guitars continues.jpg

Last edited:
DW Drums bought the name along with Kaman's percussion lines. That's great news and I'm so glad they're staying in CT. They said they're renewing the lease on the factory which is interesting. I was under the impression that the owners had rented out parts of the building to other businesses. Perhaps that was just the Hamer portion of the building. It's in "New Hartford" BTW, which is not at all like Hartford.

I like Ovations, but I've had mixed results with the ones (MIK) I've owned. I would really like to check out an MIA one someday. However, now that I have a carbon fiber A/E, I have less need for one, and in my experience (again -- limited to MIK ones) I've seen issues with how they react to temperature changes (i.e. the neck and bowl expand/contract at drastically different rates -- leading in one case to an unfixable neck-angle problem.)

I'm not a fan of Ovations. but I am glad they will be MIA. I know they have a fairly good sized following but I wonder if they will be able to capture enough of a new following to stay in business. Are they planning on trying to be a bigger company or stay a smaller company with a niche market?

I'm not a fan of Ovations. but I am glad they will be MIA. I know they have a fairly good sized following but I wonder if they will be able to capture enough of a new following to stay in business. Are they planning on trying to be a bigger company or stay a smaller company with a niche market?
I imagine they will stay with a niche market. I wonder if they might try the carbon fiber market?

Almost bought a used Ovation 12... LOVED the sound but the bridge was split and nobody would touch it to fix it...so I passed.. Which is why I haven't bought a new one... I hear that repairs are a nightmare...and I always end up needing a repair... sooner or later...

Yeah,
But Hamer's spirit stills exists with Danzig and Shishkov guitars.

Ovation, once they were gone, that was it. Fender plowed them under badly.

I imagine they will stay with a niche market. I wonder if they might try the carbon fiber market?

They kind of started it with their Adamas line of carbon-fiber topped guitars. A deep bowl cutaway Adamas is still one of best sounding acoustics I've ever played. Their deep bowl and mid depth bowls actually sound pretty decent to me.

On a related note ESP now "owns" or overseas distribution of Takamine Guitars, which were also nice under the Kaman umbrella. I hadn't realized until finding that out last week and the Ovation news over the weekend, that Fender had divested itself of these holdings. If only it would also let Tacoma go and they could start making their kick ass stuff again.

Back