The Biking Thread

Just remember to ride like you stole it!

:thu:
That's on my favorite old race t-shirt.

8206035717_05ede4e572_c.jpg

However, note what I have been mis-posting there instead of here for most of my posts there. Pretty much pics from rides. I will switch over to this thread for that purpose from now on.

Notice how the bikes thread is more popular than the biking thread?

NERDS.
I ride 52 miles every morning. It's not really all that exciting to talk about. Probably going to double century tomorrow. Fuck road biking is boring.
I might just ride 25 miles on my mountain bike instead and have 8 times the fun in a tenth of the time

I ride 52 miles every morning. It's not really all that exciting to talk about. Probably going to double century tomorrow. Fuck road biking is boring.
I might just ride 25 miles on my mountain bike instead and have 8 times the fun in a tenth of the time
Hey, my buddy tim, with the tan line and flip flops above, has ordered a Lapierre 29'er full suspension. He got it through a deal he has through a law enforcement beni he gets as a deputy prosecutor. He is pretty stoked! He currently rides an old 26" sugar with rim brakes.

Hey, my buddy tim, with the tan line and flip flops above, has ordered a Lapierre 29'er full suspension. He got it through a deal he has through a law enforcement beni he gets as a deputy prosecutor. He is pretty stoked! He currently rides an old 26" sugar with rim brakes.
Yeah a lot of people have been buying Lapierres through that and other bro deal online sources which has prompted is to drop the brand. It's a real shame too, but I can't support a brand that doesn't have my back

Yeah a lot of people have been buying Lapierres through that and other bro deal online sources which has prompted is to drop the brand. It's a real shame too, but I can't support a brand that doesn't have my back
Understood. If there is a hook up that does not hurt a dealer, and allows the purchase through a dealer, that is one thing. But internet direct with no help for the dealer is not cool.

52 miles EVERY morning...that's nuts. I start to suffer after about 35...back/butt and legs in pretty much that order. I've done a few rides over 50 but it starts to approach the not fun to do so. I have never mtn biked though, road riding is made more interesting by looking out for exotic cars (an old Opel, a McLaren and a Viper) and it's alone time for me generally so I like it. I'd like to do a century once but not sure my body can handle it...I'm old and beat up

Kinda like the gear forums vs. the Making music forum.

Yeah, I don't give a shit about gear either. :embarrassed:

Yiiiikes. I don't ride for fitness or competition. I'm always going somewhere different. Pretty much never bored. Frequently go places I've never been in a car, usually on back roads (I live in the country and avoid anything bigger than a few thousand people when possible). It's about as unboring as it gets for me.

Last edited:
52 miles EVERY morning...that's nuts. I start to suffer after about 35...back/butt and legs in pretty much that order. I've done a few rides over 50 but it starts to approach the not fun to do so. I have never mtn biked though, road riding is made more interesting by looking out for exotic cars (an old Opel, a McLaren and a Viper) and it's alone time for me generally so I like it. I'd like to do a century once but not sure my body can handle it...I'm old and beat up

I don't know anything about old cars but I passed a pristine 57 Chevy type thing rounding a corner out in cornfield land. Same with a Model T type thing in early spring.

Back