Formula 1 2015 Discussion

According this article on the BBC website, Renault are considering either buying Lotus (who they used to own beforehand IIRC), sticking with Red Bull as partners, or potentially quitting all together.

The other rumour that was around awhile back was that Red Bull were considering quitting if Audi don't come in and buy them!

Red Bull needs to start taking Adderall.

Gebus guys, make up your damn minds. They just went away from Ferrari power on the Junior team (Toro Rosso). First they're gonna quit, then they want to sell out, now they want to go Italiano with the go parts.

FFS, I hate to quote Jammity, but...

FOCUS.

Red Bull need to get their story straight. Dietrich Mateschitz says no fucking way are they going to use Ferrari engines. Christian Horner says it's always an option.

One thing is for sure: the only time a Red Bull will see a Ferrari this weekend is when the Ferrari is lapping them.

Rosberg outdrags Hamilton to turn one and takes the win. Who'da thunk it?

The best action was Massa and Vettel in the closing laps. Nice to see Massa on the podium. At least Dildonado didn't hit anyone.

It's sucks that Vettel couldn't find a way around Massa. He had the speed through the corners, but on the straights Massa would pull away, showing that Ferrari is still down on power in relation to Mercedes.

Those penalties that McLaren suffered are ridiculous. Why would you allow so few power units to be used with almost no testing allowed and the technology is so new? That power that be at F1 are so stupid.

It's sucks that Vettel couldn't find a way around Massa. He had the speed through the corners, but on the straights Massa would pull away, showing that Ferrari is still down on power in relation to Mercedes.

Those penalties that McLaren suffered are ridiculous. Why would you allow so few power units to be used with almost no testing allowed and the technology is so new? That power that be at F1 are so stupid.

" 25 grid position penalty for you!"

"What? We only have 22 cars on the grid? Well, your children will have to start from the back row too!"

Who the fuck comes up with this shit? They are adults, right? Seems like F1 is throwing childish: "I am the BOSS!" tantrums to anyone who has to replace parts to try to have a competitive car anytime in the next decade.

I have a new marketing campaign for F1 teams trying to attract sponsors: "Sponsor us and your name car adorn a car that stands a good chance of being banished to the back row for the next ten years!"

I wonder if Johnny Walker was pleased to see both McLaren's relegated to starting the race from the Czech Republic.

Meh penalties don't mean much when your cars can't complete a race. I'm sure had Alonso not been involved in whateverthefuck that crazy crash was, he'd have retired eventually anyway.

But yeah, 25 grid spots is ludicrous.

And Screw Vettel! I love the Scuderia, but Massa is my guy and is extremely overdue some podiums. That was fun watching those two battle though.

Meh penalties don't mean much when your cars can't complete a race. I'm sure had Alonso not been involved in whateverthefuck that crazy crash was, he'd have retired eventually anyway.

But yeah, 25 grid spots is ludicrous.

And Screw Vettel! I love the Scuderia, but Massa is my guy and is extremely overdue some podiums. That was fun watching those two battle though.
Yeah, I loved that Massa was able to keep Vettel behind him for the podium.

In today's F1 news, Ferrari is reportedly trying to sign Valterri Bottas. Bye bye Kimi. Here comes my Alonso/Massa reunion.

It looked like Rosberg was going to pull off a pole, but Hamilton bested him when it counted. Again.

It'll be the Battle of the Clutches when the lights go out tomorrow.

I was amazed that the Williams trounced both Mercs off the line at the start. I wonder if Hammy and Nico were thinking too much about how to get the best of each other as opposed to the other drivers.

Williams should have let Bottas by Massa, he was strong until the first pit stops.

McLaren...:superchow:

What do they need to do to stop looking like competition to only Manor? And another shunt that takes out a car at the start. I don't feel sorry for Alonso, he got there on his own. I feel for Button. He has been a "company" man since he got to McLaren, always gracious, and has the worst luck.

I am glad he had that one year with Brawn.

That was a real barnburner of a race. Silverstone always delivers a good exciting race, and this year was no disappointment in that regard.

That was a real impressive start by Massa, maybe he should consider a career in the NHRA after F1 after being able to launch a car like that and gain 2 positions. I don't think letting Bottas by would have made any difference since Mercedes had too much pace in hand that they would have covered the pit stops regardless, and the rain totally ruined any chance of Williams getting the win anyway.

I guess that strategy call by Hamilton should make up for the Monaco blunder. That was the move that won the race.

Now it's 3 MORE WEEKS until the next grand prix.

Ok, now that I got that out of the way...

How 'bout that Felipe Fucking Massa! ?

I was giddy, seriously. That was an EPIC launch. I'd pay good money to the expression on the faces of Hamilton and Rosberg as the number 19 shot between them.

Holding the lead for as many laps as he did, was a real testament to how good he really is. Fuck Valterri, he had permission to pass, just not the ability. Massa out drove him. Quicker or not, it takes more than just speed to "race". That was master and student time, and Bottas went to school. There's a reason why the number 77 has a neon yellow t-bar.

Fact is, nobody is going to beat the Mercs. Not this year. The Vettel victory was a fluke. They are just too strong.

Next year though... look out.

Great race that was.

It was a great race until Massa pitted. Once Hamilton got the lead, it was pretty much a done deal, although the rain made it more interesting.

Massa's start (and Bottas' too) was awesome! I thought both Mercs had bad starts, but they didn't seem to think so in the post-race interviews. It's too bad the Williams boys couldn't hold off Vettel for a podium. Nico was impressive on slicks in the wet.

Not sure if you guys caught Leigh Diffey and Will Buxton talking about the recent Ferrari in-house study that used all of the available data to determine who among the elite list of Scuderia drivers was the most "perfect" race starter of them all, and it was Felipe Massa. Apparently his reaction time is off the charts.

Considering Alonso and his knack for blitzing the other cars at lights out, that surprised me.

Btw, Crashtor. ..

Yup.

Took out his own team mate this time.

Back