So I need (read WANT) a new commuter daily driver

A Ford Focus RS?

2016-ford-focus-rs-blue.jpg

Except they aren't out in the U.S. yet :( Later this year though :)

Ok, a used Ford Focus ST? Or even a Fiesta ST. Some auto writers say those are even more fun than the Focus ST, and get better milage, to boot. Heck, any older hot hatch for that matter, A Mazdaspeed -3, or an older Volkswagen GTI :)

Just got a Chevy Spark for $11 grand, but it looks like you're looking for something a bit more fun to drive.

Oh, I also skipped the affordable part. With that said, I would consider one of these:

Here is one for 11k. No knowledge if that would be reasonable. It would depend on the car. But what a nice car they were! Fast as shit and great handlers!

Last edited:
That is clean, and on the higher side for those years, but I bet it was meticulously maintained. Have the rear suspension mounts checked if you consider buying it.

Do it.

That is clean, and on the higher side for those years, but I bet it was meticulously maintained. Have the rear suspension mounts checked if you consider buying it.

Do it.

That was a suggestion for you actually. I just had to replace carpets and flooring in my house in Nashville and meanwhile it's sitting un-rented for an indeterminate period so I can't really pull the trigger on a new car just yet. But if you're in the market that looks like a contender.

That was a suggestion for you actually. I just had to replace carpets and flooring in my house in Nashville and meanwhile it's sitting un-rented for an indeterminate period so I can't really pull the trigger on a new car just yet. But if you're in the market that looks like a contender.

Oh, ok. That is a bit above my budget (if I had one) I'm more in the ~10K max range at this point. It is certainly one of the cleanest examples of that vintage that I have seen.

Oh, ok. That is a bit above my budget (if I had one) I'm more in the ~10K max range at this point. It is certainly one of the cleanest examples of that vintage that I have seen.

If you're sticking to BMW, think a good question to ask is 10K all in on a M3 vs that same cash into a 328is w/ upgrades? Either way you're looking at 16+ year old cars that are probably going to need some TLC to get up to spec.

Here is one for 11k. No knowledge if that would be reasonable. It would depend on the car. But what a nice car they were! Fast as shit and great handlers!

Here is the one I meant to post. Looks like a nice example (I loved the tan recaro seats in these cars), but it is an even older car with a much more marginal repair and support options. So though I hate to say it, probably the Beemer is a better option, if you are not into a Miata, or do not want to become buddies with a local Alfa guy. Though since you are in the bay area, there are many around. Berkeley is a known Alfisti refuge for example.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo/gtv6/1749877.html

Back