Got a Free Guitar

mikesr1963

Gonna walk my dog, you?
A beater for sure. Was a 12 but only have 6 strings on it now. It's a Kawai. Was left in a old house for 16 years with no heat or ac. The bridge is funny but height adjustable. The nut only lines up the strings and the very first fret maintains string height. Of the 12 tuning machines I was able to salvage 6. All were frozen a first and had to be taken apart oiled and put back on.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
The ADGBe strings are fine. The big E tunes to pitch but doesn't ring out great. Buzzy in places.

Not too shabby. Actually sounds pretty pleasant. I'll bet with a few bucks and a little more tinkering, that could become a real sleeper. Congrats.

The cost to value ratio of the guitar is not worth the money.
Well if it were me, I'd do the restore...but yeah, if its too expensive, ... Comes down to a Play vs Collector axe..
It may be a great sounding "player" with a little work...

Whenever I get a great deal on a guitar, I have to fight the urge to dump money into it.

That's what I used to do. I'd start with a $100 guitar, add $200 in shit to it, and wind up with a $100 guitar.

If it's playable in its current state, I wouldn't do a thing. I think it sounds pretty good.

Back