vk0eeefowakutktlcggv.jpg

rjdjkyhcysrist6ypu6p.jpg

rgx3d8sepwewovgbvlgi.jpg

yxvja0dajdpygp0rqdew.jpg

ihw4ik5plbh4r7to8gac.jpg

ltcre6bsjnpaweytks01.jpg

zaclvpxumstv8vmb2wik.jpg

DC Custom Zebrawood

NOT a parts guitar. This is a full-on custom build, originally owned by Dean Cascione circa 2007. Dean is the man behind DC Custom Guitars, THE go-to place for custom scallop work and built to order guitars. This exotic S-style guitar was crafted with exotic, full-body zebrawood that is particularly well figured with chocolate striping. Finished in oil. The neck, also has an oil finish and was built with a traditional scallop over its zebrawood neck (3-bolt). Jumbo frets in excellent shape (no indents). The fingerboard is made from a thick slab (not wafer thin) of figured, Brazilian rosewood, which as most of us know, is no longer available for importing as a guitar neck wood. South Pacific abalone dot inlays. Gold Sperzels, graphite nut. Heavy block tremolo set to flush. No dings or dents. Photos tell the story. Comes with G&G Tweed case. Oil finish on entire body and neck. Rear humbucker is a Duncan Hot Rails. Middle is a dummy and the neck is a very nice Guitarheads rail which delivers a very smooth and glassy tone. Quite surprised with this pickup, truth be told. Body was not built for a back plate to facilitate easy tremolo adjustments. Can ship with the black volume knob or the Q-Parts gold Ringo. Your choice.

Guitar plays as good as it looks. SCREAMS in the bridge position. To build a DC Customs guitar exactly like this model, expect to pay significantly more than what you can have here. The guitar has been very well taken care of and looks new. Save a ton and get one of Dean's first builds. Attention to detail here is wonderful, truly a fantastic guitar for shredders

I don't mind the general aesthetic of zebra wood, but this one ain't my bag. From what I've just read, it would likely be quite heavy with a tone similar to maple.

Back