Beer in a can.

Being pretty much anti-IPA, I'd go for the Blue Moon before that canned stuff, too.

IPA's lead to man boobs (look it up!).

This is all I drink when back in So Cal. Many complain it's too malty (sweet), I think it's like pumpernickel bread in a bottle...
20532.jpg

Shiner makes a couple (a prickly pear and the "Ruby Redbird") that I can enjoy because the citrus flavor is pretty backgroundy, but in general I shy away from weird extra flavors in beer.

Thread title made me think about the whole cans vs. no cans debate. Supposedly the concerns that cans don't taste as good as bottles don't apply any more, but I'm unconvinced. Cans still taste different to me, maybe not as bad as they used to, but...

Everything tastes better in glass.

Let me see... There are definitely some cans in there somewhere.

10306311_10152922770693360_7238171184845098804_n.jpg

I do love my IPA and I have to say that the craft brew IPA in cans is much better than bottled because it retains all the delicate Hop aromas that a bottle loses.

Let me see... There are definitely some cans in there somewhere.

10306311_10152922770693360_7238171184845098804_n.jpg

I do love my IPA and I have to say that the craft brew IPA in cans is much better than bottled because it retains all the delicate Hop aromas that a bottle loses.

That's an impressive stash.

Even though I've been clean and sober for 18 years now.
If I was to have a cold one, it sure wouldn't be one of these "craft beers". I think it's ridiculous to treat beer like wine drinkers treat wine.
Wine should come from a box. As far as beer goes
give me an ice cold Budwieser in a 16 ounce glass bottle or a frosted mug.
I guess I am the diametrically opposed " cork sniffer".
But, to each their own.
I'm just a grumpy old man, what the hell do I know? chears

We have two local breweries- Rhinegeist and Mad Tree - that's standard lines are bottled or draft only. They came up with some sort of coating that blocks out the can flavor and they've both gone over huge here.

I bought a tall can of Tecate the other night because I was making fish tacos. It had a widget in it, like Guinness.
Why bother?

Back