Results of a week of woodshedding

fused

Improvisationalist
Wasn't sure if I should post this here or not...

Its not a cool improv, but a measurement of how effective a weeks (this week) worth of extreme woodshedding in hopes of reconnecting the brain. The neuro indicated from testing that my fingers lost a lot of sensitivity (not a good sign) and that I needed to add the guitar to my treatment plan at getting this disease under control... (MS) The neuro is also a guitar player....lucky me... But hopes are to create new pathways...between the brain and everything else.. Get past the scar tissue (sclerosis)..if thats even possible.

So I created a backing, which took a bit of work, fingers weren't feeling the strings...
2 rhythm tracks....woodshedded until they worked... (wanted to throw the damned thing)
THEN the next step, insane shredding... Attempt to get fluid flow of the notes...at high speed...

Yes, prescribed by the neuro...ok, I took it to the extreme...Thats just me...

Results, this mess below that with GOOD speaker or head phones, you can hear the insanity.
Little tiny computer spkrs...not so much..

So after a lifetime of trying to get the guitar under control...the guitar is now being used to get ME under control...

I will stop posting this silliness now. Just wanted to share (with some guitar friends) what's going on behind the scenes..
I feel my fingers again (they actually hurt lol) and I feel the strings again... Must keep at it as to not lose ground again... Good thing I love this damned instrument......

Thanks for you patience ...

http://fusedimprov.com/improv/new-improvs/ms-woodshedding.html

That has to be frustrating and frightening. Great news that playing is helping you. Hope it continues to bring relief.

Is that track 'Dream a little dream'?

Last edited:
That has to be frustrating and frightening. Great news that playing is helping you. Hope it continues to bring relief.

Is that track 'Dream a little dream'?

Thanks B... It does get your attention when it happens.. So far I've been able to recover with woodshedding. Happened 3 years ago when I got diagnosed...that took 3 months t0 get back. This took a week of extreme shedding, had the house to myself... Locked and loaded...and whew...its back..
All directed and guided by my neuro...so my fingers are in the hands of an expert lol...

and not little dream.
Just a simple 8 chord prog going from m7 to dim 7 covering lower and higher positions so my fingers had to deal with a little difference in string and fret spacing. Just off the cuff....

Back