Mike Sterns pedalboard via TGP :)

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/mike-sterns-pedalboard.1582139/

82E465CE-D730-47E3-966D-D35B46BD7974.jpg

Makes sense. If I were a world touring musician, I would probably use only boss pedals. You can find them everywhere so if something goes wrong and you are in the middle of nowhere, you can replace it.

There's always a large contingent of FX forumites who want nothing to do with the boutique crowd. They were on HC and now on TGP. It makes for interesting trolls.

It's interesting, because I occasionally look at something like the TC H9, as it would be nice to have. Then, I think, "This wouldn't last a week on the road.".

Kind of a shame that that's my benchmark these days. My touring board is almost all Boss, with the exception of a Wampler Pinnacle and a Kork Pitchblack, including the dreaded Boss Acoustic Simulator.

It's interesting, because I occasionally look at something like the TC H9, as it would be nice to have. Then, I think, "This wouldn't last a week on the road.".

Kind of a shame that that's my benchmark these days. My touring board is almost all Boss, with the exception of a Wampler Pinnacle and a Kork Pitchblack, including the dreaded Boss Acoustic Simulator.
I just play locally these days but that kind of thing factors into my thinking too. Luckily the Strymon stuff is all built pretty tough. I did just change up my pedalboard for a smaller pedaltrain with a Mono softcase because I was damaging too much stuff in the floppy Pedaltrain 3 bag. And if I were dealing with backline amps all the time I'd be quite a bit less picky with my pedals. This setup is perfect for the amps I play through but it wouldn't really matter that much if I was stuck playing through roached out twins or Fender Devilles or whatever. The Mobius is nice though because it takes the place of 5 or 6 other pedals though.

11232893_10153416669072425_4845925383870347516_n.jpg

It is whatever you like. When I was in the country band the other guitar player used almost all Boss pedals and sounded great.

I just play locally these days but that kind of thing factors into my thinking too. Luckily the Strymon stuff is all built pretty tough. I did just change up my pedalboard for a smaller pedaltrain with a Mono softcase because I was damaging too much stuff in the floppy Pedaltrain 3 bag. And if I were dealing with backline amps all the time I'd be quite a bit less picky with my pedals. This setup is perfect for the amps I play through but it wouldn't really matter that much if I was stuck playing through roached out twins or Fender Devilles or whatever. The Mobius is nice though because it takes the place of 5 or 6 other pedals though.

11232893_10153416669072425_4845925383870347516_n.jpg
Is that left switch on the Möbius dimpled already?

Actually, the Hotcake is a fantastic pedal if you play Vox amps. But they are most definitely not Wein-proof.

That said,

DOD_Gunslinger_original.jpg

Back