On the road!

it's kinda like....if ya really want a Mini Cooper.....then just get one........BUT NOOOOOO......the pretentious "Beamer" crowd have to have their own version of the Mini.

Reactions: Tig
Saw a McLaren MP4 today during lunch. I was picking my jaw off the ground and missed taking my own photo.
7658806722_dcc1e655f4_b.jpg

8508084742_40d403735d_b.jpg

There's an orange one around here, too.
Dude, you work in Costa Mesa, I'm surprised you don't see ten of them every day. That place is swarming with exotic cars.

yea, i know they own it now.....but you know what i mean. folks that buys mini's don't usually buy them BECAUSE they're made by bmw, they buy them cuz they like the car.
I think its a mix of both, I have some serious doubts that the modern Mini would be as wildly popular as they are if they were actually a British car...

At least not 12 or 13 years down the road from their reintroduction. The atrition rate would have already put them out of business. :)

I think its a mix of both, I have some serious doubts that the modern Mini would be as wildly popular as they are if they were actually a British car...

At least not 12 or 13 years down the road from their reintroduction. The atrition rate would have already put them out of business. :)

i think folks care that the mini is being made by a maker that builds reliablility in a car, not really cuz it's bmw. the mini's could be made by ford and i think they would sell just as well.

i DID see a early 70's (?) Lotus Europa in the parking lot at lunch. didn't have a camera to get a pick, but it was black and looked nearly new.

Reactions: OGG
Dude, you work in Costa Mesa, I'm surprised you don't see ten of them every day. That place is swarming with exotic cars.

No, I'm in Houston, land of giant redneck trucks.
We do have 14 billionaires and over 120,000 millionaires, so there are some nice rides rolling around.

No, I'm in Houston, land of giant redneck trucks.
We do have 14 billionaires and over 120,000 millionaires, so there are some nice rides rolling around.
Oops, my bad. I totally confused you with TGK03 for some bizarre reason.

Yeah, Houston also has an abundance of well off individuals. Although being Texas, a lot of them probably drive a King Ranch Ford truck instead of one uh them damn foreign jobs.

Reactions: Tig
Driving home from work this morning, I noticed a house I drive past out in the country had a new-ish Chevy Camaro, Ford Mustang, and Dodge Challenger, plus a Cadillac CTS Coupe, and what I thought was an Acura NSX but I only got a fleeting glimpse of that one.

I'll start bringing my camera with me to work, and I'll try to snap a pic while I drive by, one of these mornings. Someone must be a performance car enthusiast that lives there. That house has been sold several times in the last few years. A buddy of mine was looking into buying it a few years back. Someone with some $$$ most have bought the house now.

Back