GPOTD 05.28.15

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
uhb4npha6f95nqrztqfl.jpg

oiuh9x5rcoqg7vfhp5e5.jpg

grwlx6zwzyhrowdpdahl.jpg

scdgityse6yuhrcamrho.jpg

Hufschmid H6 Singlecut

Hand-built perfection. Impossible to find used and close to unattainable new with less than 10 a year being currently built for select people only. The ultimate dual-humbucker machine that can do it all. Plays like butter and sounds incredible. Can't find a single scratch on it! Rock hard Sapelli neck and body, INSANE grafted walnut top, ebony fingerboard 25.5" scale, 24 jumbo SS frets, Hufglow side dots, HPV blue nut, hipshot tuners and bridge, Hufschmid pickups by Kent Armstrong (the most clear pups under gain I've ever heard). Comes in a deluxe European gigbag.

I have no need, as my LGXT obviously covers that.

I don't know if I like it or not. I hate this trend for natural finishes in electrics. It never looks right, and it's a waste of great wood. And then, my feelings on humbuckers are really... I just don't know.

But I love the lack of inlays. So. 100 points to Gryffendor.

I have no need, as my LGXT obviously covers that.

I don't know if I like it or not. I hate this trend for natural finishes in electrics. It never looks right, and it's a waste of great wood. And then, my feelings on humbuckers are really... I just don't know.

But I love the lack of inlays. So. 100 points to Gryffendor.

I would hate that top on an acoustic. Or a coffee table. Either stay on the tree or turn it into this.

OK, seriously...has any body ever played enough butter to actually make a reasonable comparison?

Well-played butter sounds like a choir of fallen angels in a seedy bar that's packed with people starting fights and hooking up.

But the problem of amplification is really a fatal flaw.

I tend not to nit pick on the details, but I see a lot of things that just seem to be poorly executed.
If I can spot them, it must be bad.

Ferrules are not evenly spaced. Small point, but it would drive nuts knowing it's there.
The route for the logo coin on the back leaves a gap.
The book match on the top doesn't really match well.
The controls look angled when is expect them to be straight. I thought it was the wood grain throwing me off, but no, they are crooked.
The backplate seems ridiculously large and at an angle that suggests there were other plans for electronics when that route was done.
The layout of the tuners is just off-putting. That's subjective, but I look at it and wonder about that one at the very top of the head stock and the gap in between it and its neighbour.

I would be upset if this was shipped to me for more than the cost of parts. If I were to see it in a shop, I'd probably take it off the wall, but I'd likely put it back unless it was a smoking deal.

I'm not a fan of using a quarter round router bit on any edge of a guitar like the arm rest has. The chamfer edges along the back of the body are much nicer.

It's purty, and I like it, but nothing that I would go looking to grab even if I had the money to burn.

Back