This old wah.

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I picked up two needy old Cry Baby pedals today. The older one is hella old—the inside is all hand-soldered. I can’t figure out how to date it. There’s no date codes on the pot or caps. The circuitboard is also undated (both sides). The only useful number I can find is a sticker on the circuit board, “84-22865-0”, which turns up in a Thomas Organ catalog as the Vox Cry Baby pedal. Anybody know when this was made? It has a TDK 5103 inductor, so I think that makes this an original 1970s Thomas wah. But the pot and bottom plate are Dunlop brand, although those might be replacement parts.
Here’s a link to a good photo of the guts that’s too big to embed.

For the first year or so, Dunlop Crybabys used Thomas Organ guts, usually with "03" inductor. I think Dunlop jsut took over the line and equipment outright. But by then Thomas Organ had switched over the the pin connector to connect wires to the board.

Yours looks like a '70's California Thomas Organ Crybaby.

Glad I only paid $30 for this one and a newer one. They both need some part replacements, nothing major. What’d a good vendor for the pots/switches in a wah? I don’t trust eBay sellers to send me the right parts and Amazon only carries feet.

Back