Capos - How Many Do You Own?

I have a Paige 12-string capo and Shubb for the 6-string. I think I have a Kyser in the banjo case, but I hate using it. Too much tension.

There are probably some other capos kicking around the house somewhere. My very first capo was one of these:
Hamilton.jpg

Funny how capo use is very much dependent of style of music. They are very common in folk, country, and bluegrass music and not so common in rock and jazz.

I have a few...one partial and a longer one for the 12..
Mostly use them on the 12...

Bringing my capo count up since my original post in 2015. I am now up to 4. I added a Kyser Mandolin capo in the summer of 2015.

The biggest break through was when I was reading about the Shubb Capo and how you can control the tension of the capo preventing your guitar from going slightly out of tune. Bought my first Shubb a few weeks ago and it has been great to work with. I now favor the Shubbs. I will break it in tonight at my wine bar acoustic gig in DTSA.

Shubb Capo - S.jpg

The biggest break through was when I was reading about the Shubb Capo and how you can control the tension of the capo preventing your guitar from going slightly out of tune. Bought my first Shubb a few weeks ago and it has been great to work with. I now favor the Shubbs. I will break it in tonight at my wine bar acoustic gig in DTSA.
I have favored Shubbs for years, and pretty much use them exclusively.

Back