I gotta have more cowbell!

That was a fun read. Thank you for sharing it.

I love hearing about some of the crazy tricks the old studio guys came up with in order to create a unique sound. That thing about the snare sound was pure genius.

The thing about that song for me is that I never used to notice the cowbell....

... now since that SNL parody... it's ALL THAT I HEAR. :gah:

Reactions: OGG
The thing about that song for me is that I never used to notice the cowbell....

... now since that SNL parody... it's ALL THAT I HEAR. :gah:

Right? And that's the funny thing about it — it really is pretty buried in the mix. There are so many other 70s songs where the cowbell was featured much more prominently.

And I've always loved Buck's tone on that song but I never in a million years would have guessed he was playing an ES-175 through a Music Man. I always just assumed it was an SG through a Twin.

And I've always loved Buck's tone on that song but I never in a million years would have guessed he was playing an ES-175 through a Music Man. I always just assumed it was an SG through a Twin.
That shocked me too. No way I would have ever even considered that tone coming from a semi - hollow guitar. It's got a fair amount of jangle to it. I always assumed it had to be a Fender, probably a tele. Pretty crazy.

That shocked me too. No way I would have ever even considered that tone coming from a semi - hollow guitar. It's got a fair amount of jangle to it. I always assumed it had to be a Fender, probably a tele. Pretty crazy.

Huh? In my experience LOTS of semi-hollows bring the jangle. Ever heard of a Rickenbacker 330?

Back