Hockey fans - thoughts on the playoffs?

Blackhawks played like a championship team (finally!) tonight. Nice win. I still suspect they'll have a bit of a letdown in Game 3 in Minne,but bounce back in Game 4, and wrap it up back at home in Game 5.

Calgary got beaten again. I guess we'll see if they match lines at home and get a win. It would be nice to see them get two and get their confidence.

I was so happy to see the Tampa Bay vs Montreal score...that Prust stuff is absolutely embarrassing. I bet he isn't in Montreal next year - they hate stuff like that associated with their team.

I have declared the Blackhawks/Wild series over :embarrassed:.

Sorry, but no way in hell the Hawks lose 4 straight at this point.

GoFlamesGO!!! :wink: They deserved a break after getting hosed on that replay that should have tied the game.

Thanks for taking that series to at least a fifth game :thu:

Wonder Woman is on the Caps bandwagon...

image.jpg

The Hawks are looking very very scary right now

As much as I admire the way they play (especially the D) the idea of Kings/Hawks/Kings/Hawks for the last 4 cups does not please me. I would prefer new blood

Are the Hawks going to close it out in 4? Looking that way. They are clicking at the right time.

Habs down 3-0 - oh yeah. I can't see em coming back from that. They might squeak out the next game, but that's it.

Did not know this until last night but Ben Bishop has the Habs number. He is 13-1-2 in his career against them. So this series will be done in 4. That late goal and the quick turn around will sink Montreal since they will be still stunned.
I was flipping back and forth between the 2 games last night. For what I watched Habs were by far the better team. Since it looks like Tampa will be playing the Caps (didn't see that coming early this year) they had better get their offense together because you might be able to get away with being outplayed like that against a offensively challenged team like Montreal but if Ovi and company are getting that kind of shots you are going to be blown out of the water. The Rangers were better through a lot of their game but Holtby has been magnificent.

Seems that the Hawks have the Wilds number as well. Didn't think that would be the case. Kane has been a force. He and Tyler Johnson are the early favs for the Conn Smythe as well as Getzlaf and Holtby I would think

Did not know this until last night but Ben Bishop has the Habs number. He is 13-1-2 in his career against them.

And Bishop's absence was the sole reason for Montreal's sweep of the Lightning in last year's first round.

Washington has surprised me. I thought the Rangers would take them out but perhaps the Caps are peaking at the right time. 2 goals last night by a dude I never heard of. That's a characteristic of a well-rounded team.

I most surprised by the Caps as well.
Perhaps I underestimated their grit. I thought the Rangers would "Out-POUND" them, but it hasn't happened so far.......

Back