b3so95xzmjekpyzrgiwo.jpg

xyzmlay9o5lp7evjmd3a.jpg

gkdrbg1tfkbby1mmhaez.jpg

iomgnipmimfrmrjhre0c.jpg

kvyhgen16bplykequd31.jpg

pfude7jdfnhypi83mxd4.jpg

c5s6u1nwcjm8j9qgloz4.jpg

Jerry Jones Shorthorn

I've had this Jerry Jones Shorthorn since 1993. I played it for about a year, and for the past 21 years, it has been sitting unplayed in a closet at my parents' house. Time to thin the herd.

If you are not familiar with Jerry Jones, he was a Nashville-based luthier who built Danelectro-style guitars before Danelectro was resurrected. It is well built and made in the U.S.A, and is head and shoulders above any of the new Danos. In fact, Danelectros have been called the "poor man's Jerry Jones."

Jerry Jones retired in 2011, making this Shorthorn 3-pickup model rare.

The serial number indicates that this guitar was built somewhere between 1990 and 1993.
It is in excellent condition. There are some some spots where the paint has chipped. Jerry Jones was known for putting on very thin finishes. The neck and back of the guitar look practically brand new. If you want more photos, let me know.

I'm charging $59 for the postage, which is the calculation Reverb came up with for USPS. For UPS, it comes up with $40. If you have a preferred carrier, let me know, and if it's cheaper, I'll refund the difference. I'll also take out insurance on the guitar for shipping.

The guitar is also available for pickup in Los Angeles.

A few more details from the Jerry Jones website:

Nut width is 1 11/16"

25" scale length and a 21 fret neck

Indian rosewood fingerboard w/14.5" radius

Comes with a hard case (non original)

Trussrod adjustment accessible at the heel
Quality enclosed Gotoh tuning keys

Standard 5-way switch on 3PU model

Hum-canceling pickup wiring

Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to answer them.

I remember the chick at the NAMM Danelectro booth telling me and Mark the guitars were $399.99 street Made in USA. Then Mark pointed out the made in China sticker on the headstock

Back