What are you working on this week?

Hi Mark, I'm learning Wes Montgomery and Joe pass blues solos,maj. 7 chords and arpeggios in all inversions and positions, I Know A Little by Lynyrd Skynyrd and the opening solo from Eric Johnson 's Cliffs of Dover. (This one will take a while)

No Songs, but it looks like my wife snagged me up a diy guitar kit that yinz is gonna hate. But I just have to have it. Nothing like a semi hollow steinberger with bird Inlays. :) At least to stir my curiosity.

Mark, are there any particular techniques you use to remember songs or is it just repetition?

I find that I have to play a song so many times to learn it by heart that by the time i can play it I am sick of hearing it. Or is it just my lack of talent or technique?
I usually break the tunes down into smaller major components and then put them together. Once I have the big chunks figured out I'll go and get the odd details and then I run them into the ground :)

Just been messing with using a thumb pick. While I am more finger oriented or use a plectrum, I wanted to try something different.

Just been messing with using a thumb pick. While I am more finger oriented or use a plectrum, I wanted to try something different.
I've tried that and failed miserably. I'm not sure if there is a "fit" thing that is needed to get the right thumb pick but it was very uncomfortable and awkward. Which is bad because I'd really like to explore more Tommy Emmanuel stuff. If there's a secret I'd love to hear it

I've tried that and failed miserably. I'm not sure if there is a "fit" thing that is needed to get the right thumb pick but it was very uncomfortable and awkward. Which is bad because I'd really like to explore more Tommy Emmanuel stuff. If there's a secret I'd love to hear it

I am trying my friend's system out. It is called the Strum and Comfort System

http://www.strum-n-comfort.com/customprocrossoverpick.html

Both system are pictured here. I like it but it does take some getting used to.

Strum And Comfort.jpg

I doubt I'll be touching an instrument for more than 5 minutes. Too much happening.
I've had a complete family/work meltdown the last few weeks and I have a set of fusion tunes I'm playing at a festival tomorrow. Finding practice time has been a complete bitch. Hope I don't suck :embarrassed:

Ed Friedland's _Walking Bass Lines_, section on dominant approaches. I've been writing things out, because my fingers are stupid anf my brain hates the bass clef.

Now that the fusion gig is over I find myself needing to keep working on my jazz playing and learn more fusion. I think this band is going to be good for me. :)

More Mickey Baker book and after hearing 'Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out' done by Sara Niemietz and Snuffy Walden, I had to learn it and work on it. Made a few arrangement changes of my own as well.

Mostly butt rock stuff. This for next Monday.

Slow n Easy
Heavy Metal
Love Song
I Stand Alone
Screaming in the Night
Bring it on home
Immigrant song
Stone in love
Anyway you want it
Ramble on

Ha, I was messing around with Stone in Love the other day. I heard it at the grocery store, came home grabbed my guitar.

For me, not much of anything this week. My wife has been working from home this week, so I haven't gotten to rock out. I started on Time last week and will probably get back into that next week. Or Shine on You Crazy Diamond because I can't get that out of my head recently.

My actual practice time is very limited right now so I'm trying to listen to as much music as possible right now.

Back