Hot or Not? Studious Selye 14 Watt 1x12

Tig

Fucktangular
d6anmd6ygbrl9ovxe7bs.jpg

xgkbi6dmyevbuxvsnggp.jpg

ljdjxwgiqmskfs0etzvg.jpg

Spec sheet cheat sheet: fourteen watts class A, all-tube (12AX7, 6L6GC, GZ34), 35 pounds, hi/lo inputs, volume/tone knobs, Baltic birch, half blind dovetail joints, vintage styled paper bobbin transformers (made in Chicago, same company that supplied Gretsch/Valco back in the 50s and still making them the same way), Weber handmade ceramic twelve inch speaker, vinyl cover included.

The Selye is a charming and versatile combination amplifier that comfortably fits in at home, studios, low volume shows or mic'd at any type of venue. Offering fourteen watts of pure Class A output from a single-ended 6L6GC design, this all-tube amplifier is overflowing with pleasant sounding, second order harmonic distortion that allows clean chords and single notes to ring out fuller than any push-pull amplifier can offer. Turn up the volume and the JJ gold pinned ECC83 gracefully adds more than enough odd-ordered harmonics to give a present, yet smooth and balanced overdriven sound, perfect for anything from jazz to shoegazey indie rock. The straight forward high/low sensitivity inputs and single knob volume/tone controls cover an expansive array of tones yet leaves the overall sound to be directed by your pedals, guitar and playing style. The cabinet comes in 3/4" baltic birch constructed with half-blind dovetail joints and a fifty watt Weber Ceramic Blue Dog speaker.

https://reverb.com/item/386790-studious-selye-14-watt-1x12
$1200, free shipping

Extra points for half-blind dovetails. Triple bonus if the dovetails are handcut.

Colour me underwhelmed. I guess it would be great if I was in the Black Keys, but I'd kill the drummer and wouldn't be playing anything in jail. So I guess that's an all around no.

Back