New car dealer meathead face Vol 4

OGG

Master of the Meh
Yesterday, we recieved in the mail, a check from FCA and an envelope from the dealership.

FCA didn't have to compensate me, but they offered, and were very generous.

The dealership (having already refunded us what we paid for the 3 items that we removed/canceled, which they pro-rated) sent us 4 passes to Cineaplolis (super Gucci movie theater) and several hundred dollars in pre-paid Mastercards (8 in total), which was nice.

It would have been even nicer if all 8 of those cards hadn't expired a month ago.

Yeah, really.

Hard to say if that is the dealer trying to get one more F U in, or if it underscores their ineptitude... or both.

:no:

There's no way that can be true.
Is it?

Oh boy.
Oh, it's true.

They are from a promo that RAM trucks did last September. Although the expiration date on the cards isn't until like 2023, they are only good for 6 months from the date of activation. They were activated on September 5th last year.

So, yeah

Captain Douchebag is "looking into it".

I do not like wishing the worst for anyone, but businesses like that need to be derailed and closed. They are the one who help give car dealerships a very bad reputation.

Ok, so... Captain Douchebag told me yesterday that they were going to try to have the cards reactivated because they had several more on hand that were also now unusable, which sucks for them.

So today, he let me know that the company told them to piss up a rope, and they are just cutting me (another) check that will go out today.

So it seems Karma bit their ass.

Why did they activate them in the first place? LOL
I asked myself that same question. I have no good answer other than somebody being really stupid, and not reading the terms that are very clearly written on each card. It makes no sense to me, but it seems like they just got screwed out of a couple more grand because somebody screwed the pooch.

Back