What guitar do you play the least? Why?

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
I try to rotate through all of them on a regular basis, but in the end I still don't play my Reverend Club King 290 nearly enough. And that's a shame because it's a tremendous guitar. I don't know if there's a reason for it, but maybe on some subconscious level it's because it's the cheapest guitar I own and I might feel like I need to get my money's worth out of the others.

What about you?

DSC_0266.jpg

Probably my SG Standard. When I reach for an SG, that's usually because I'm lookin' for P-90s, so I pick up the Classic. Just ordered a set of Duncan Antiquities for the Classic, so that's not likely to change. The guitar I play most is the SC245 goldtop, and since the Standard is relatively simliar, tone-wise, it gets neglected. But it's a kick ass guitar, and I should play it more.

My Henna TLE. I rarely play either electric, but I am most likely to play the Neo when I do. I always thought I was a Tele person, but I love the balance, sound, and feel of the Neo much more.
The forgotten TLE
20130729_085628.jpg

The less-forgotten Neo
14%2B-%2B1

Last edited:
My Hofner Shorty. I love the guitar, but I keep it in its gig bag in the closet, so it isn't just right there to grab.

Rickenbacker. The neck moves with the seasons and it needs constant adjustment every string change. Every year I say this will be the year I keep up with it and it never happens.

Rickenbacker. The neck moves with the seasons and it needs constant adjustment every string change. Every year I say this will be the year I keep up with it and it never happens.

I wonder if it has anything to do with it being semi hollow? I don't remember having any issues with my 620. That thing was solid and I gigged the crap out of it. The bridge and bridge pickup were covered in rust when I sold it. It was probably the only guitar I relic'd :grin:

my bass.

I bought it bc my wife said she wanted to learn and she has barely touched it.

I have a bunch that rarely get played.

My Fernandes Revolver Pro is probably the least played guitar I own. I may have played it for 2 hours in the 7 or 8 years that I've owned it.

Wow...You guys are talking some nice guitars...Love the Reverend...

For me it's probably my La Patrie Concert Classical...
As sweet as it is I can't be bothered with thick strings and a chunky neck.......

At the moment its probably my '79 The Paul. It just doesn't fit much of what I need these days. It'll come back around at some point though.

I wonder if it has anything to do with it being semi hollow? I don't remember having any issues with my 620. That thing was solid and I gigged the crap out of it. The bridge and bridge pickup were covered in rust when I sold it. It was probably the only guitar I relic'd :grin:

I think it has to do with the shitty truss rod system. @smurfco told me something about replacing them with stronger rods, but couldn't remember the manufacturer.

The full band hasn't had a gig since October so I'm going to say all of my electrics have very little playing time. My acoustics get played almost daily.

My double hum strat because it's an arm breaker but sounds awesome for recording. I haven't recorded much lately.

My Gretsch.

I love it, but the neck isn't my normal style, and I'm trying to get the strings to last for a long time since they are a pain in the ass to change.

My cheapo LP student guitar.
I really need to do a bunch of work on that thing. It's an ok guitar, but it doesn't hold a tune very well and I snapped the toggle switch a while back.
The plan always was to use it as a platform to practice mods and learn how to work on guitars.

I think I've only played this one a couple of times in the last year or so. My wife picked it out and insisted that she give it to me as a present so I can't sell it. It's a very nice guitar but it doesn't do anything my LP doesn't do, it weighs almost 10 lbs, and its so big I feel like I'm playing a cello.

Neither the USA Hwy 1 Showmaster nor the LP DC get any play. They just don't mesh with me. Both nice guitars, just wrong for me.

see my entry in the "what guitar have you owned the longest".......the ES175.
i vitually don't play it at all anymore. it needs some electronic work and pulling wiring in and out of an F hole jazz box is one of the biggest PIA's in the world.
plus, i don't really have a need to play jazzy bluesy stuff right now. but i'm still not getting rid of it......it's just too gorgeous.

Back