And so it continues.....(incoming)

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
The pedalboard transformation continues. I got the new delay up and running last week. I was not happy with the 'distortion' side of the Wampler Hot Wired. Was not sure if I wanted a fuzz or more of a 'Rat' kinda sound. I landed on the 'Rat' tone since I really only have one or two so where a fuzz might be preferable.

II found one of these used on TGP for a very reasonable price after getting turned down on Reverb with an offer on one where the seller wants almost the new selling price...

Granted - Andy can make anything sound awesome. But I love the tones from the pedal and I noticed he was using this pedal for some amp and guitar demos....which says something.

Should be here within a week. It would be awesome if it got here in time for my show on Saturday.....but I am not depending on that.

Last edited:
Can't go wrong with a Rat. I know you did that Signa Drive, so makes sense to give them a try.

Can't go wrong with a Rat. I know you did that Signa Drive, so makes sense to give them a try.

Yeah....I love the Signa Drive and have been really impressed with the other stuff I have heard from Chad at Cmatmads. Seriously considering getting a 'Butah' from him for my Low gain pedal....

Yeah....I love the Signa Drive and have been really impressed with the other stuff I have heard from Chad at Cmatmads. Seriously considering getting a 'Butah' from him for my Low gain pedal....

So you are to Cmatmods what I am to Mojo Hand FX. :grin:

Funny how everyone has 'their' brand that they like to work with. I guess that it usually comes from success with the first pedal.

The pedalboard transformation continues. I got the new delay up and running last week. I was not happy with the 'distortion' side of the Wampler Hot Wired.

The distortion is quite hot. I have Version 2 of the Hot Wired and usually have to back down or it gets crazy. I love the cleaner channel though. It has a blend knob that will blend the original signal with the drive and together creates a great voiced sound.

The distortion is quite hot. I have Version 2 of the Hot Wired and usually have to back down or it gets crazy. I love the cleaner channel though. It has a blend knob that will blend the original signal with the drive and together creates a great voiced sound.

They made some tweaks with the V2 that made a lot of sense. The first version is still a very, very good pedal. Just not my sound.

They made some tweaks with the V2 that made a lot of sense. The first version is still a very, very good pedal. Just not my sound.

Makes sense. Never tried V1, but I dig my V2.

Good luck on you search.

What sound are you looking for?

Makes sense. Never tried V1, but I dig my V2.

Good luck on you search.

What sound are you looking for?

Edgier tone....more in your face than a tubescreamer type (which is the Signa Drive). I wanted a different tone and feel for some of the more aggressive tunes we play. It gives me more versatility as well. Between the Signa and the Ratified I should have every mid to higher gain OD/Dist tone covered. I don't do any actual high gain stuff....

Check out a Marshall type pedal ie: Wampler Pinnacle, Marshall Govenor, etc.

The funny thing was messing around with my Wampler Euphoria and when I changed the voicing to crunch, that is what I got - a more aggressive sound.

Wampler Euphoria -S.jpg

The pedalboard transformation continues. I got the new delay up and running last week. I was not happy with the 'distortion' side of the Wampler Hot Wired. Was not sure if I wanted a fuzz or more of a 'Rat' kinda sound. I landed on the 'Rat' tone since I really only have one or two so where a fuzz might be preferable.

II found one of these used on TGP for a very reasonable price after getting turned down on Reverb with an offer on one where the seller wants almost the new selling price...

Granted - Andy can make anything sound awesome. But I love the tones from the pedal and I noticed he was using this pedal for some amp and guitar demos....which says something.

Should be here within a week. It would be awesome if it got here in time for my show on Saturday.....but I am not depending on that.

Nice! Yeah, I'm all about Rat variants these days. This one sounds NASTY.

The Rat is my absolute favorite distortion tone. Jazzmaster/Tele into a Rat/Turbo Rat is just an awesome rock tone. A few years ago I had a rig nearly identical to Jesse Lacey's on the Brand New album Deja Entendu with the Rat as the centerpiece.

Back