Record Store Day!

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
Post your hauls:

45b15114ed88398318a4a9bae38c1570.jpg

Top left is a local release of AMERICANA bands in Cinci, put out by the oldest bar in the city.

Top right is Sun Records Record Store Day Volume 2. Track listing:

f92e6e394469c5d700ae3d85269ebace.jpg

In the middle we have a used Simon & Garfunkel "Wednesday Morning, 3 AM" and the a Bowie/Ziggy rare pressing of "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars" on yellow-gold vinyl.

At the bottom we have the RSD reissue of Wu-tang Clan's "Protect Ya Neck" on black and gold vinyl

170c13be626e5bde4f9c443cd8372555.jpg

Second set of photos is not RSD exclusives, but I picked them up too.

Def Jam single of DMX's "Party Up", Bob Seger's "Night Moves", Simon and Garfunkel's "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme" and the new Sufjan Stevens..

There were a couple other cool things... Dogfish Head paired up with the Record Store Day crew and they released a special record store day poster; first 50 people at participating liquor stores that bought some DFH and showed them a RSD receipt got a poster and could enter a raffle for a DFH specialty turntable. My local shop also was giving away a t-shirt for their in-house label and pint glasses with the "Ohio Soul" logo for purchases over $50. I also have one other cool score, but will have to post it later... :wink:

I went to my local shop, but didn't end up getting anything. There was a special 45, with Syd Barrett on the one side and REM covering the Syd song on the other that I wanted but my shop didn't have it. I really need to nab a record player though. This shop is mostly used records and they had a whole section of $1 records and there was a ton of good stuff there.

The only thing I'm interested in is the Dopesmoker picture disc. None of the local shops has it because the idiot hippies who own everything in Boulder don't believe people here listen to anything but jam bands. I would drive to Denver but Southern Lord already announced a second pressing for their web store.

Went to a brand new store and pickings were a bit sparse, but the store looks pretty cool. I hope it does well.

I grabbed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429385396.903519.jpg

And

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429385409.295652.jpg

I was looking for the John Prine release and the Kenny Wayne Shepherd release. They had a lot of Mastadon...

I definetely need to press up some of "this is" in some colored vinyl. Just for the novelty of it. I used to collect colored vinyl when I was younger and that was super fun to get a disc where you weren't aware of it.
I eventually had almost the whole rainbow, even clear.

Round 2. Went to a different store and found a lot more selection.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429474484.941959.jpg

Yes!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429474501.088967.jpg

Cool picture disc.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429474523.639411.jpg

Shut up. My wife was with me.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429474558.578129.jpg

Shut up. It's blue vinyl.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429474581.788884.jpg

Round 2. Went to a different store and found a lot more selection.

View attachment 20137

Yes!!
View attachment 20138

Cool picture disc.
View attachment 20139

Shut up. My wife was with me.
View attachment 20140

Shut up. It's blue vinyl.
View attachment 20141
If you ever feel like palling around pm me ..

Nice haul............

I've got a shit load of records packed away in racks where I work.......

I had a call from my Mom today with her asking what she should do with her records???

How do you answer that question???

I told her to put them on Kijiji after she askes if anyone in the family wants them...

She decided,as we were talking,to donate them to a local,low budget,radio station...I agree....

Back