Anybody Ever Seen These Guys?

tompetty

Sporting a hammer...
I'm sure I'll catch some snide remarks but oh well..

80's...A bar that holds a thousand...

She wore jeans and a hunting jacket...

They actually could rip it up....

Ugh.

I had to sit through one of her/their sets back a gazillion years ago because it was a festival show and all of the other bands on the bill were actually good.

Not only is the "walkin' on sunshine" piece of shit one of the most irritating songs of all time, but she was very dismissive and openly hostile about the music of the era that employed any instrumentation beyond the standard rock ensemble of guitar, bass, drums and vocals.

I saw several interviews with her talking mad shit about the use of synths and drum machines and sequencers. It was her position that it took no talent or creativity to make music with machines. .. as if the machines were actually writing the melodies and bass lines and drum tracks all by themselves and arranging the various parts without any user input.

I would have loved to put her in a room with a few modular, monophonic synths, a Roland CR78 drum machine, maybe one or two CSQ 100 Step Sequencers and a pile of patch cables and told her to show me how it magically makes pop songs.

Hey Katrina, I noticed you were playing some podunk county fair in bumfuck Iowa or something like that.

Depeche Mode is still selling out arenas more than 30 after your 15 minutes ended.

Suck it.

Depeche Mode sucks regardless of what they sell. Not defending Katrina but it had to be said.

There needs to be a double 'like' button...

Though I've heard the name,'Depeche Mode',I would have had no idea that they still existed if it wasn't for this thread..And I couldn't name one song that they did.. If they had more than one,I couldn't name two....

Edit to repeat.....They actually could 'Rip It Up',using actual instruments....

All snide remarks are welcomed.......

Last edited:
Ugh.

I had to sit through one of her/their sets back a gazillion years ago because it was a festival show and all of the other bands on the bill were actually good.

Not only is the "walkin' on sunshine" piece of shit one of the most irritating songs of all time, but she was very dismissive and openly hostile about the music of the era that employed any instrumentation beyond the standard rock ensemble of guitar, bass, drums and vocals.

I saw several interviews with her talking mad shit about the use of synths and drum machines and sequencers. It was her position that it took no talent or creativity to make music with machines. .. as if the machines were actually writing the melodies and bass lines and drum tracks all by themselves and arranging the various parts without any user input.

I would have loved to put her in a room with a few modular, monophonic synths, a Roland CR78 drum machine, maybe one or two CSQ 100 Step Sequencers and a pile of patch cables and told her to show me how it magically makes pop songs.

Hey Katrina, I noticed you were playing some podunk county fair in bumfuck Iowa or something like that.

Depeche Mode is still selling out arenas more than 30 after your 15 minutes ended.

Suck it.
thanks for reminding me of everything about 80's music that sucked. Depeche mode? Fucks sakes...

I don't begrudge anyone not liking Depeche Mode. To each their own.

I just took offense to her misguided and false assertions that electronic music took no talent, skill or ability to produce.

She certainly wasn't alone in her opinion, the 80s were festering with washed up butt rock practitioners that blamed electronic music for the growing disinterest in their personal brand of rock, while simultaneously making the same argument about it involving no skill.

I find it ironic that so many people held up entire catalogs of 3 cowboy chord formulaic rock as if it were the modern day equivalent of Mozart.

Some of the most complex musical arrangements of that decade were made by people using electronic instruments with incredibly limited capabilities. The amount of planning it took and mind numbing, tedious work that went into implementing a way to execute those arrangements would give Ted Nugent an aneurysm.

When Ultron finally takes over mankind I hope he puts an end to people trying to enlighten us about common knowledge pop bands of the 80s, and the attempt to retcon established truths about lazy musicians and technology.

Both of you ninnies would be hard pressed to beat the sheer savagery of this album.

DLG.jpg

When Ultron finally takes over mankind I hope he puts an end to people trying to enlighten us about common knowledge pop bands of the 80s, and the attempt to retcon established truths about lazy musicians and technology.
When Ultron can make an entire record using a pair of old Sequential Circuits Pro Ones and an analog drum machine with no pattern memory, I'll be worried.

Til then, he can suck it too.

Oh,frig off James.....LOL...You make me laugh though...And yes,I know how good you are...

That being said,Katrina's frame of thinking was nothing new...

Tom Petty describes 'New Country',as bad rock bands with a fiddle...

I'm old school though so I defend what I prefer...

I'd rather listen to someone on an acoustic or at a piano in a good room...

Or a bluegrass band sharing one mic..

Angus Young doesn't use pedals let alone any effects....

Back