The single best album ever recorded ?

I don't think there is a best single album ever recorded. I would struggle picking one since there are so many really good releases. I have some personal favorites though....I'll just throw one out there which will surprise no one who knows me.

61qBvUmPNEL.jpg

Actually I think "Break Like the Wind" was their sell out point.

Smell the Glove had classics like Big Bottom, Sex Farm and Tonight I'm Gonna Rock ya!

For the Rocksmith users amongst us, this weeks DLC is Spinal Tap :rawk:

If you don't think your favorite album is perfect, you either haven't heard that much or music just isn't your thing.
Favorite is a relative thing that is based solely on personal taste. Perfection is different. DSOTM was technically innovative, socially conscious, exceedingly conceptual and musically uplifting despite tackling many negative subjects.

Now, I will back up my original pick with the documentary about it's creation. Where else has innovation and inspiration melded so well ?
Love the money loop.
hqdefault.jpg

AC/DC, Back in Black.

From the perspective of front to back a perfect set of songs played with the right amount of skill and vigor.

I can go with that.

I also think Appetite For Destruction is one of those rare "no filler" albums. I'll go years without listening to it, then listen to the whole thing. There's not one bad note on that album.

I can go with that.

I also think Appetite For Destruction is one of those rare "no filler" albums. I'll go years without listening to it, then listen to the whole thing. There's not one bad note on that album.

I dunno, My Michelle, and maybe Think About You feel very filler-isn.

Well besides "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Boston I" we could argue "Wish You Were Here" or possibly Steely Dan's "Aja" (but may be too mellow for some but few can argue they went for perfection as much as they could on that one so while perfection doesn't equal 'best' it's a good way to push the statement).

Back