HPNPD: TC Electronics Spark Boost

BrammyH

Grandpa Whine
One of the things I love about being in a relationship with a musician is conversations like this:

Her: How was band practice?
Me: It was ok?
Her: Just ok?
Me: yeah, I've tried every pedal I have, but for solos I just can't seem to boost myself above the rest of the band and I can't her them.
Her: Buy a new pedal.

So, I got the Mini Spark. I haven't tried it at rehearsal yet, but my limited testing shows it does indeed make me louder.

I bought one of those when it was on sale and it didn't work for me. It was just too much boost, but it did sound really good.

HNPD! I've got the Spark Mini Booster, too, and I like it better that EH Nano LPB-1 booster that I have. The LBP-1 got very loud, very fast. The Spark still gets loud, but at least it doesn't go from 0-60 in the first quarter turn.

HNPD! I've got the Spark Mini Booster, too, and I like it better that EH Nano LPB-1 booster that I have. The LBP-1 got very loud, very fast. The Spark still gets loud, but at least it doesn't go from 0-60 in the first quarter turn.
I thought my Spark went from 0-60 in less than a quarter turn :grin: that is why I got rid of it.

I thought my Spark went from 0-60 in less than a quarter turn :grin: that is why I got rid of it.

Ok, then the Spark is at least better than the LPB-1. :wink: I agree it still gets there fast, but then I have nothing else with which to compare it. Maybe one day I'll find one that's better still. For now, I like it.

One of the things I love about being in a relationship with a musician is conversations like this:

Her: How was band practice?
Me: It was ok?
Her: Just ok?
Me: yeah, I've tried every pedal I have, but for solos I just can't seem to boost myself above the rest of the band and I can't her them.
Her: Buy a new pedal.

So, I got the Mini Spark. I haven't tried it at rehearsal yet, but my limited testing shows it does indeed make me louder.

I love that little pedal. Best lead boost pedal I've had. One knob, perfect.
And...in front of a cranked AC30, fucking hell. :love:

I'm still happy with mine. It makes me louder. I can dig it.
Same here. I used the shit out of mine Spark Mini. I need a straight-up clean, uncolored boost for solos and some lead parts a lot, so it lives at the end of my chain. I love that if you keep your foot on it for over a second it releases as soon as you let go, so you're not tapdancing. It would be nice if the full-sized Spark had that feature, if you want to EQ things, but I wouldn't use the EQ of the full size. The Mini is perfect because it's not colored at all, just louder.

Back