Need recommendation for a chugga chugga practice amp

telecaster911

Kick Henry Jackassowski
For someone at work. She looked at line 6, and liked it well enough, but if there's something else that she should be looking at, let me know. Needs to be a 1-12 combo.

Definitely not the Roland Cube. I love it for cleans but I've never had a distortion that could be so hairy while at the same time having so little sustain and sensitivity.

Well. She doesn't have an amp at the moment so a pedal, although probably the most sensible option, doesn't come into play. She likes lamb o' God kind of stuff

Truthfully, she should get a SansAmp RK5.

rk5_main_image.jpg

That way she's not purchasing any "throw away" gear. It's $260 and she can run it direct or into any sized amp.

Blackstar HT-5 Metal. Laney makes two Ironheart 1x12s that are great for that. The 5150 combo remains popular. And if she can score a cheap Peavey classic and a boost that would even work.

Blackstar.

Or if she can stretch her budget, get the 1x12 Peavey 6505+ and it'll be ready to gig when she's is.

Fender Mustang II. Please do set it up for her as the presets are, um, crappy. With a little fiddling on the computer though, great, great practice amp with tons of options if desired.

Truthfully, she should get a SansAmp RK5.

rk5_main_image.jpg

That way she's not purchasing any "throw away" gear. It's $260 and she can run it direct or into any sized amp.

I'd love this but I don't think it has a lot of gain

I would suggest a peavey bandit too. Those amps kick

Peavey Backstage Plus. Inexpensive used and sounds like a tube amp. I also used it for big box jazz. 35 loud watts.

What kind of budget?

Those Blackstars do have plenty of gain.

the 5150 III mini has tons of gain and a pretty good clean channel. Heck, you guys played thru it at the 2013 Pragestock. The 1x12 combo goes for $1299 though.

The Bugera 6260 and 6262 2x12 combo amps are both $499 at Sweetwater. Basically the Bugera copy of the Peavey 6505. Reliability can be a crapshoot on those Bugeras idn_smilie

What kind of budget?

Those Blackstars do have plenty of gain.

the 5150 III mini has tons of gain and a pretty good clean channel. Heck, you guys played thru it at the 2013 Pragestock. The 1x12 combo goes for $1299 though.

The Bugera 6260 and 6262 2x12 combo amps are both $499 at Sweetwater. Basically the Bugera copy of the Peavey 6505. Reliability can be a crapshoot on those Bugeras idn_smilie
I've been mega happy with my Bugera 1960 Infinium. A lot of the problems they had were with the early runs of the non-Infinium versions. The Infinium versions have been pretty solid from what I've been seeing. Looks like Behringer finally made something that's not a giant steaming pile of shit.

Back