Incoming NGD

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
As much as I love the Blue Eclipse, it is not Carol's favorite look. (Funny as she usually has good taste; she married me, after all.) So I found this available at a great price and will have it in my hands next week. It is a perfect match for the 12-string.
s-l1600.jpg

Gee, it arrives on our anniversary...

And a happy anniversary it will be!

or.........well.......maybe not. Might want to play your cards right on that one.

HIGD Gary! I love a good dreadnaught, and that looks really nice. What wood is used for the back and sides?

HIGD Gary! I love a good dreadnaught, and that looks really nice. What wood is used for the back and sides?
  • Top: Solid Spruce
  • Back/Sides: Rosewood
  • Neck: Mahogany
  • Fretboard: Rosewood
This is an exact match of the 12-string, so that will be nice for stage. The Blue Eclipse may be used for open D tuning, or I may just switch to open D for the few songs I do in that tuning, then re-tune. It is a drag carrying 3 guitars for one show when you don't have roadies.

I thought that looked like rosewood. All the best Gary, and the look of those 3 interlocking "circles" will be the perfect look for your style of music.

Isn't that the one you originally wanted anyway? HNGD!
I have always liked this model, but I got distracted by the Blue Eclipse. (Ah, bling.) When I saw this at a great price I decided to go for it. The two matching guitars will look nice sitting side by side.

It looks like a guitar to tune to DADGAD, based on the sound hole :)
I fooled with that tuning, but prefer DADF#AD. I now do about half a dozen songs in that tuning. I think I'll use this for that and straight tuning at shows. I can tune down to open D for three songs, do some stuff on the 12-string, do the other 3 open D songs, then go back to regular tuning. It would beat dealing with a third guitar to carry for gigs.

Back