Best recording interface and/or apps for iPad?

bsman

b00b
I was just given an (3rd generation) iPad running iOS 8.02 -- it was turned in by another staff member who always has to have the latest and greatest. Anyway -- I'm thinking that it might be nice to utilize this in my soon-to-be-reality music room (eldest just moved out) and was wondering of the plethora of apps and hardware interfaces which rise to the top? Any insights appreciated!

Apogee. If you have a Mac you should bite the bullet and by the Duet 2 that's compatible with both.

I am using iConnect4 to connect synth and other music apps in my i pad to the Mac, works wonderful
header_iCM4_new.png

They are also coming out with this at some point:

header_iCA4plus.png

I've been using the Focusrite iTrack Solo interface (Probably paid a little less than $100 US) for guitar, bass & vocals with an iPad mini. A couple of years back when it first came out it had the 30 pin connector and coincidentally it was that same exact week that Apple switched to lightning.

In January 2015 they started shipping them with the new lightning connector, before that you had to spring for the $30 Apple adapter cable. But all in all it's a simple setup with good sounding preamps. I also have their 2 channel 2i2 for Mac, so I guess I went with Focusrite again because they seem reliable enough, just plug and play.

Back