Dropped 34 pounds since December

Scott Powell

Blackmore Wannabe
I got sick and tired of being so heavy and made some drastic lifestyle and eating changes in December and have gone from 220-225 to a fighting weight of 185-187. I have maintained this weight for 3 weeks now,and I know i can maintain this weight from now on.

pics from April of 2014
april14.jpg
april15.jpg

Where the fuck are your arms???

Edit...Serious note..I've never had an issue with weight but I know many that do...

Good job..Keep keeping on...Good luck.....

Your first pics are at a military function....

Do you mind sharing....
ohhhhhhhhh ok i misunderstood. I display my collection of German ,British and American Medals every year at World War Two Heritage Days. Some people dress up in period clothing,i dress like me lol

Outstanding amount of weight loss! Feeling better will help keep it off and makes the lifestyle change easier to maintain. I don't believe in diets, I believe in changes in lifestyle and habits.

I've been losing about a pound per week the last 7 weeks. At 5' 7" my 164 pounds was a bit much. I'm down to 157 now and my goal is 150 by the third week in April. Riding the Austin Hills is a bitch with any unneeded weight.

Outstanding amount of weight loss! Feeling better will help keep it off and makes the lifestyle change easier to maintain. I don't believe in diets, I believe in changes in lifestyle and habits.

I've been losing about a pound per week the last 7 weeks. At 5' 7" my 164 pounds was a bit much. I'm down to 157 now and my goal is 150 by the third week in April. Riding the Austin Hills is a bitch with any unneeded weight.
i TOTALLY changed my lifestyle as diets dont work. I am very aware of portions,the types of food I am eating, and regardless of how much i walk at work during the day I walk 2 mile sat a very brisk pace every night when i get home . I'm 5'8 and 185 sits good on my frame. I could lose more if i wanted but am very happy with 185-187. I have a waist size of 32 now,and that aint happened since the early 90's!

Reactions: Tig
i TOTALLY changed my lifestyle as diets dont work. I am very aware of portions,the types of food I am eating, and regardless of how much i walk at work during the day I walk 2 mile sat a very brisk pace every night when i get home . I'm 5'8 and 185 sits good on my frame. I could lose more if i wanted but am very happy with 185-187. I have a waist size of 32 now,and that aint happened since the early 90's!
I've done the say thing, but I'm losing weight a lot more slowly. I've lost about a pound every other week since September (when my school year started), and just this week I cracked 200 lbs. (down from 215-220). At 6'2", 200 lbs looks and feels OK, but I'm still losing. Kind of just looking to see where I "settle in" with a new way of eating (mostly lean protein and fruits/veggies, but no "rules"--when a student brings in cupcakes, I can eat a cupcake). I still need to add more exercise--aside from lifting up my cinderblock of a kid, I don't do much. Anyway, dropping 34 lbs in three months is a feat.

Congrats Scott, great work.

A few years ago I went from 210 down to 165 (I'm 5' 8" as well) through diet and exercise. Unfortunately I've steadily put a good chunk of it back on. Reading this has made realize I need to get it together and keep the weight off. It's really a lifestyle to maintain a healthy weight.

Back